Unpin

byron

RIP
Visit site
One or two differences, Dover Strait has Coastguard monitoring movements, we have a dory anchored near the bridge in Henley Regatta monitoring bridge movements. A large wave on the non-tidal Thames in Gale Force conditions is about 18" it's a bit more than that in the Straits. Straits has the Goodwins, Thames has some shallows at Cookham /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
[ QUOTE ]
As a complete outsider - Dover Straits - would it help numbers if the forum were designated 'Inland Waterways'? Obviously Thames is a bit of both.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on this
ie it should be an Inland waterways forum

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Thames Forum (7304 viewing)
A place to discuss boating issues specific to the Thames and other inland waterways

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ignore last post the quote from the forum says this anyway
so stick with the thames maybe ?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
The problem we have here is not the Forum itself, but the fact that only a few Thames based boaters are actually registered.

So, how do we get more Thames (and other waterways users) to register and get involved?

(PS - 'twas I that asked Keith to add "...and other inland waterways" to the name of the forum.)

Brayman

Visit site
Get Byron to spread the word, that's how I got here.
I reckon we could all do a bit to publicise it, but in my experience it's a very particular sort of person who gets into a forum - and I wasn't sure if I was one or not.
Ian

oldgit

Visit site
For those of us who occasionly venture onto the the Thames forum and the Thames itself every so often,it is a useful insight as to what is going on in the inland waterways in general.Its is very reassuring to see that lots of narrow boats find the Thames very much to their liking.Lots of nice sausage boat friendly moorings available,stay as long as you want,with local boaters always willing to make room and turn out with a cheery smile even if they have gone to bed.Always look out for the little sticker that announces the owner of the boat has sufficiant foresight to drive spikes in the bank for at least six boats to moor along side.Can assure all narrow boaters that the whole area is much much nicer than the scruffy old Medway with a very dangerous approach virtually involving crossing the North sea going past that wreck which could explode at any time and not worth the trouble of bothering with the trip in the first place.