Trying to Identify a Hydraulic Transmission

Metalicmike

Visit site
I own a Hustler 32 and am slowly converting her into a comfortable cruiser. She has Hydraulic Propulsion and currently uses a VP2003 engine. The Hydraulic Transmission appears to be a Volvo part as it is a perfect fit and not adapted. There is no output shaft, it is water cooled and the filter is located at the rear of the transmission inline with the engine. I cannot find any part numbers. Does any one know what this transmission is so that I can find its specifications.

Tranona

Visit site
It could well be one of these varen4u.nl/pdfs/hydromarin/hydromarin.pdf which were also made in Ireland and often fitted to Farryman engines.

The experts in this country on hydraulic systems for propulsion are peachment.co.uk and it might be worth asking them.

While such things have attractions in some types of boat, for example hire boats in the French canals they never really caught on in yachts because of the loss in power and complexity.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Some years ago, I purchased a Perkins 4 108 engine form a road sweeper that has several hydraulic pumps to drive various attachment

Sols the engine so the hydraulic pumps ae still in my garage with hydraulic starter motor

Metalicmike

Visit site
Sorry that its taking so long to respond to this thread, I was hoping to get back to the boat last week but health problems dictated otherwise. I had colon cancer and although I am clear now, it has left me with issues. I am also awaiting delivery of new injectors so I will be back on the boat later next week and will take some photos. Thanks for all the response.