trip to Ibiza

kashurst

Visit site
I'm planning on going to Ibiza at the end of September/ first week October. How busy are the marinas likely to be and is it best to book before or just turn up? First port of call will be either San Antonio or Ibiza town itself unless the panel has other recommendations.

NGM

Visit site
I'm planning on going to Ibiza at the end of September/ first week October. How busy are the marinas likely to be and is it best to book before or just turn up? First port of call will be either San Antonio or Ibiza town itself unless the panel has other recommendations.

No problem getting in compared to the chaos of July/August but not sure you will be able to book for the odd night. Most will still ask to call on the day. The cost also goes back to normal vs 5x premium Ibiza town, avoid Club Nautical. I enjoyed the service at Marina Ibiza but you are likely to be on the north side which is a trek to the reception (albeit they have buggy service) and can get some wash from the ferries. Botafoch has less spaces available but more restaurants within the Marina.
Santa Eulalia is supposed to be nice marina/town but a longer run back/to Formentera. In Formentera, Formetera Mar is probably better for your size boat.
You can book buoys in Espalmador and Salinas here, www.balearslifeposidonia.eu.
And I found this to be a great weather site, shows hour conditions from a weather body in centre of mainland/Ibiza channel http://www.puertos.es/es-es/oceanografia/AccesoSimplificado/Paginas/Tablas.aspx