Trieste

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
There's a few on here very familiar with Trieste.
I am looking for a water heater working off the engine.and various other items.
Where is the best place to buy. As the marine price is for gold,not copper.
Bob

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
There's a few on here very familiar with Trieste.
I am looking for a water heater working off the engine.and various other items.
Where is the best place to buy. As the marine price is for gold,not copper.
Bob
As you are, I think, in Monfalcone, and if you have transport, 25km westward in Carlino (Via San Giorgio), there is a well-stocked chandlery, Nautimarket, where the prices are very reasonable. I drive there regularly from a similar distance - on the other side near Latisana - and they usually have everything I need.

You can consult the online catalogue and check the item number - even order it to ensure they have it in stock ... although you may need an Italian-speaker for that.

Edit:
I have just noticed that the web-site has English pages - click on the flag top right.

Last edited:

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
I called in to the one on the main road out of Trieste 500 m from the coop? They offer me one at 1/2 the price of the yard. Cash no invoice.
Reminds me of Greece .
I have been based in Italy for the bulk of the summer for 35 years now and have seen a big change in fiscal propriety of businesses. Membership of the EU, adoption of the euro and, perhaps above all, the efficiency and ferocity of the Guardia di Finanza, plus general prosperity, have made enormous strides in changing the climate of tax evasion - although I can only write of northern Italy, my Italian friends tell me that the south is still another world.

I would suggest that your experience of "cash no invoice" for an established business to a relative stranger is exceptionally rare and usually only employed by small independent businesses and to regular customers. Well, that's been my experience in my area of the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region.

Last edited:

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I visited the place you mentioned Carlino.I though I was in the wrong place as it looks to be in the middle of farmland. Very large stock of most items wanted ,price a little dearer than the independent. Perhaps his price included tax. Both were cheaper than Hannibal best price.
Thanks for the info.

I have ordered with the one in Monfalcone,cost €350. Put it through the computer so legal.Priced @€690 in marina.

Last edited:

Metabarca

Visit site
As noted, Nautimarket has good prices. Keep a lookout for their special offers on the website.
Motomarine (the one you mentioned?) is the best stocked in Trieste (Very surprised they offered a cash price; as Barnac1e says, this sort of thing really doesn't happen any more in NE Italy, except on similar basis to UK (plumber, builder...).

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hi
As said above they put it through their computer system ,so I assume it's legal,just half the price of the marina shop.T Nautical on the main road 500 m from the Coop.They also sold me a white toilet seat with lid for a compact jabsco for €24 which I though a good price,time will tell when I sit on it.

Carmel2

Visit site
Hi
As said above they put it through their computer system ,so I assume it's legal,just half the price of the marina shop.T Nautical on the main road 500 m from the Coop.They also sold me a white toilet seat with lid for a compact jabsco for €24 which I though a good price,time will tell when I sit on it.

They want €85 for a bog seat at my local.... Get 2!

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
They want €85 for a bog seat at my local.... Get 2!

Well the boiler turned up and the manager re checked the price. Oh oh I thought, but, he knocked 30 euro off!
The seat also was there at the quoted price. It was okay but a bit on the flimsy side, I decided to buy a new one for the main head they only had Jabsco brand €98.. Not for me, so I went to the local builders merchant, Brico to buy white paint, saw some house hold toilets seats for €9:99 borrowed a tape measure and the seat fits perfectly.

Other threads that may be of interest