Transitioning from navionics cf to micro sd cards

Ostara24

Visit site
Just upgraded from raymarine c90w to Axiom pro 2, I have a few cf cards that I would like to get onto micro sd, without having to buy new ones.

Has anyone gone through this? My cf cards are out of date re yearly subscription, so I was thinking of buying an update card, but my navionics chart installer dongle only has a cf card slot so can only upgrade onto cf.

I have asked Navionics online but no response!

Any advice out there?

Refueler

Visit site
There are expired but recent cards on eBay at 'sensible' price ... I bought entire Baltic Sea on micro SD for about 50 euros ... its updated till the last of the 2023 updates ...

There are also people selling CF cards .. so you might be able to sell your old CF's while buying in micro SD .. to offset costs.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
As Dunedin states, I don't think it is possible. The Micro SD card with Lighthouse charts comes with a code. As far as I can tell that code is unique to the Lighthouse chart. The Axiom+ reads the code to launch the charts.

The code is on a .txt file on the card, so it is standalone. However, as said, if you don't have the code and Lighthouse chart combination, I am sure it will not work with, for example, a code from my Lighthouse charts copied onto your SD card with the your cf card charts copied over to your SD card.

I may be wrong but I would just copy the charts from your cf to SD card and see if it works, nothing to lose trying.

Raymarines list of partner chart supplies compatible with Axiom Chart Partners | Nautical Charts | Raymarine

dunedin

Visit site
As Dunedin states, I don't think it is possible. The Micro SD card with Lighthouse charts comes with a code. As far as I can tell that code is unique to the Lighthouse chart. The Axiom+ reads the code to launch the charts.

The code is on a .txt file on the card, so it is standalone. However, as said, if you don't have the code and Lighthouse chart combination, I am sure it will not work with, for example, a code from my Lighthouse charts copied onto your SD card with the your cf card charts copied over to your SD card.

I may be wrong but I would just copy the charts from your cf to SD card and see if it works, nothing to lose trying.

Raymarines list of partner chart supplies compatible with Axiom Chart Partners | Nautical Charts | Raymarine
You can use Lighthouse or Navionics charts on Axiom plus.
But Navionics cards are security coded. Copying from CF to SD won't work.
Either buy second hand SF card on eBay or as Navionics to send you a new SD card at upgrade price.

Ostara24

Visit site
It turns out all I need is a generic multi card reader with both a cf and micro sd card ports, then buy sd update card and go through the usual update process on navionics updater.

Not tied it yet but reliably informed this works.

I will report back for anyone in the same situation.

ithet

Visit site
If the Navionics CF cards have never been used to enable a new card you can use them to enable a new Navionics micro SD update card. 100% I have done this. The Update card comes with a new USB - SD card reader and micro adapter. You use the Chart Installer, which will ask for the old card to be inserted to enable the new update card, you can swap the adapters at this point. You can even load software for a different area of the same value.