Traffords yacht insurance - any experiences?

superboots

Visit site
I am thinking of insuring my boat with this company - they are brokers using Lloyds, but I don't know much about them. Any experiences from those insured with them, service and claims management would be appreciated.

Claverock

Visit site
I have been using Traffords for the last 10 years and have good service from them. I can't comment,fortunately, on their claims management having never(yet) had to make a claim but have found them friendly and easy to deal with. Hope this helps.

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
Never made a claim myself but a colleague has just had a claim against him, he is insured with Traffords. At the moment they are handling everything in a very professional manner with no sign of trying to ease out of the situation. He's only just moved to them too.
I'm insured with them and, as Anthony says, they are very helpful and seem knowledgeable. They are also cheap which, in this case, isn't an insult.

raven

Visit site
I have been insured with them for a number of years - not yet had to make a claim.

In my experience they have been head and shoulders above others in terms of customer service. They are easy to deal with, attentive and efficient.

In the event that I have to claim, I hope they remain so!

Toutvabien

Visit site
Again, another long term customer (13 years) and the one claim that we had was dealt with really quickly and very fairly. When we did an Atlantic circuit they were especially helpful by sorting out the cover incrementally so we were only paying for what we needed when we were in a particular area or on a lengthy passage. This worked out much cheaper than any of the competitors and the service really was personal with emails checking when we wished cover to commence and end.

I like them.

retsina

Visit site
I have had a very bad experience with them some 10 years ago and i am pleased to see on here that they now have a good customer service. Needless to say that I will never use this company again