TNT incompetence

AOWYN

www.clinksystems.com
Just in case any readers ever need to rely on a carrier to get an important part (eg a mainsail) to their boat in time for the weekend, take my advice and do not use TNT.

Twice in five years I have been dependent on kit being sent by suppliers using TNT. Both times they screwed up.

I suppose the lesson is that I shouldn't deal with people who use TNT for delivering their products.

Ah well, it wasn't much of a weekend for sailing was it?

<hr width=100% size=1>

qsiv

Visit site
They fouled up on my kite last year (well it arrived 2 hours before the start of the race - but the day before when the whole crew was available to test sail was wasted).

<hr width=100% size=1>

stevebirch2002

www.albinvega.co.uk
Make sure it was the carrier and not the supplier. The carriers are easy to blame. If saturday or early delivery is required then it must be paid for. I have been using carriers for many years and there has been only two occassions (over twenty years) of the blame being on the carrier. I am not a carrier but I know how easy they are to blame.....

<hr width=100% size=1>Albin Vega "Southern Comfort" V1703

AOWYN

www.clinksystems.com
Re: TNT INCOMPETENCEtence

No doubt it was the carrier.
When I called them they already knew that they had only delivered one out of a shipment of two parcels, (delivered Thursday but only to a drop off point so I could not know that they had failed until very late Friday night after a wasted 105 mile drive) they had simply not bothered to follow up on it. Decency and the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1948 (as ammended) prevented me from telling them what I thought of them over the phone, particularly when their response to my complaint was that they had a lot of other lost parcels to worry about and that mine wasn't the only one!

What seems amazing is that if I had not called to complain they seem to assume that I was happy with receiving only one of two parcels!!!!! Of course, if I could read "one of a shipment of two) on the label, maybe their driver could have read it as well..........

<hr width=100% size=1>

the_wanderer

Visit site
As a person, now happily retired early, who had to despatch important documents all over the World by various Couriers and in other ways which I cannot disclose due to damaging my former employers reputation I would not trust TNT to deliver anything. Pay a bit more and use DHL. The number of complaints re. late delivery or non delivery was zero.

<hr width=100% size=1>

zephyrsailor

Visit site
hmm
dhl lost my aries wind vane
and were very unhelpful in finding it for me
in fact the vane gear builder sent me another but the original never showed up
it is a huge box to lose aswell!

<hr width=100% size=1>

AOWYN

www.clinksystems.com
Feedback is a bit late because I have been away working, but TNT did not even respond to my e-mail asking for an explanation.

I hate them and if I ever have the opportunity to hurt them as much as they hurt me I will do so.

I don't believe that the above is actionable, but if it is I hope they have the balls to go for me and make even more public their lousy levels of competence and customer service/feedback.

<hr width=100% size=1>

milltech

www.iTalkFM.com
Interesting thing about Parcel Force is that they appear to be using a lot more contracted self employed drivers with their own vehicles. I get really good service from "my" man, including his phone number for emergency collections or when the PF computer goes down. When the back of the van is opened all the packages are neatly laid out and obviously cared for.

When he went for emergency dental treatment I got PF's own man, opened the back of the van and inside was a mountain of parcels jumbled every which way.

<hr width=100% size=1>John
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.allgadgets.co.uk>http://www.allgadgets.co.uk</A>