Tims on the telly.

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
fatherted.jpg

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Debs would not have gone round Lands End in a barge, even though she owned one but did on MF. MF's been round lands end loads of times, it's a bit of a grusume place. But nothing MF cant handle.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Quite. The Princess matilda was a design chosen for its suitablity as a Thames houseboat rather than its suitablity for extended sea passages. There's nothing like a novice in an unsuitable boat to provide a little "excitement" & adventure in what might otherwise be a fairly mundane trip.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
nearly right but not quite http://109.123.78.185/wordpress/?p=344 for detail of Matilda

That's Timothy's opinion. I stick by mine. The Architect has done his best to make a houseboat shaped barge into a vessel capable of dealing with head & stern seas, but even he admits it isn't much good in a beam sea.
I rest my case.

Haydn,
I wasn't implying that Land's End is a mundane bit of water, but Timothy pottering from port to port in carefully selected fine weather & with professional advice (all very sensible too) is not exactly edge of the seat stuff, despite the director's & script writer's best efforts. Good luck to them & I enjoy the progs, but I do keep laughing at the attempts to wind up the suspense. Just wait until they cover the passage thro the Straits, that should be hillarious.