Time for me to get another boat!

benjenbav

Visit site
Re: Time for me to get another boat! - shared ownership

Sounds like a plan is coming together. I really like the Phantom 40...

No, not me. But the very best of luck with it all. :D

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Re: Time for me to get another boat! - shared ownership

Well done Pete. Hope it works out

stelican

Visit site
Neither of the two they're advertising have A/C or Gennie. And they're in the wrong location!

Peter
Have you and your potential sharers had the opportunity to check out the cabin sizes on the Phantom 40 as the beds in the cabins really dominates the available space.
Suggest that you very seriously consider the Phantom 43 as there is a very big difference in floor space in the cabins.
Also the larger engines will not be stressed.
Happy hunting

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Peter
Have you and your potential sharers had the opportunity to check out the cabin sizes on the Phantom 40 as the beds in the cabins really dominates the available space.
Suggest that you very seriously consider the Phantom 43 as there is a very big difference in floor space in the cabins.
Also the larger engines will not be stressed.
Happy hunting

S, fair challenge, I appreciate that a Phantom 43 will breathe better than a 40 so will definitely consider one. But I am wary of going too large as my potential sharers may be using the boat single handed and therefore may be reluctant to go that big (personally I'm not convinced this is a valid concern). And of course, all costs increase, with an extra few feet.

Incidentally, is there anyone with a Phantom 40 (pref south coast) that would let us have a nose about at some point over the summer? I can bring cakes!

Truro Ex Pat

Visit site
Sounds good Pete
I have just booked into Valencia who have some keen prices for the winter.
I would want to move back to Mallorca for the summer as the mainland for me is quite boring.
I have looked at moving back via Ibiza in June and the prices look ok to leave it there for a month and do a couple of weekends.
Just a thought and good luck with it.

petem

Sounds good Pete
I have just booked into Valencia who have some keen prices for the winter.
I would want to move back to Mallorca for the summer as the mainland for me is quite boring.
I have looked at moving back via Ibiza in June and the prices look ok to leave it there for a month and do a couple of weekends.
Just a thought and good luck with it.

Thanks N, sounds like a good plan!

petem

Just a quick update to say that I'm out in Mallorca (Cala D'Or) this weekend looking at potential syndicate boats (mainly MK II Phantom 40's). I have one very interested partner and another who is wavering slightly so if anyone reads this and fancies a third or quarter share in a Phantom 40 based in Cala D'Or please let me know.

jfm

Visit site
Pete - so I can mention to a few possible folks, please can you refresh me on just the headline numbers: initial capital cost and annual costs. I don't want any detail, just the headlines.. Many thanks.

petem

Pete - so I can mention to a few possible folks, please can you refresh me on just the headline numbers: initial capital cost and annual costs. I don't want any detail, just the headlines.. Many thanks.

John, that would be great. Headline numbers are:

Capital: £130-165k
Ongoing: c .£15k per annum

Initially split three ways with the potential to sell a further share making it quarters once the boat has been purchased.

Pete

itspaul

Visit site
Hope you find something this time since you started this thread we have bought a t43 spent the winter making it lovely and had a great summer on it.
We are in alcudia looks like you come back before we go out on the 4/10 maybe catch you next year

petem

Hope you find something this time since you started this thread we have bought a t43 spent the winter making it lovely and had a great summer on it.
We are in alcudia looks like you come back before we go out on the 4/10 maybe catch you next year

Thanks Paul. Glad to hear you've had some success. This is our fifth holiday since starting the thread (six and seven already booked) so don't feel too sorry for us!

AllanG

Visit site
Thanks Paul. Glad to hear you've had some success. This is our fifth holiday since starting the thread (six and seven already booked) so don't feel too sorry for us!

But just think, Pete, all the money you've spent on these hols could've been put towards an even bigger boat!! ��

petem

Having spent the winter unsuccessfuly trying to buy a Phantom 40 (the failure not being entirely my fault), I have now reverted to looking at Targa 34's with just one of my syndicate partners.

Does anyone know of any decent ones that might be coming on to the market or anyone keen to sell a decent one? Must be a MkII, ideally med spec / based but we're happy to add A/C and ship a UK lying one to the Med.

Thanks.