Tiller Tamer - Rubber Loop

Mark-1

Visit site
My "Tiller Tamer" has a rubber loop shock absorber which has snapped. I could easily cobble something together but it would be nice to have the original or something near identical.

Anyone able to tell me what I need to google for/buy?

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
Mine is very similar and a big o ring is exactly what it looks like. (It needs to be UV resistant, obvs.)

Is 'big o-ring' a thing? I'll google and find out, thanks!
Yes, compared to a small one :ROFLMAO: Mind you a bit like the guy sorting oranges "which is big and which is small"😵‍💫:unsure:
If OP wants to do an online search there is a plethora of information on "O" rings. What is suitable for what and where to obtain them.

Mark-1

Visit site
Yes, compared to a small one :ROFLMAO: Mind you a bit like the guy sorting oranges "which is big and which is small"😵‍💫:unsure:
If OP wants to do an online search there is a plethora of information on "O" rings. What is suitable for what and where to obtain them.

I did a quick google and it looks likely. I'll have a better google tonight. 30cm diameter and 8mm 'thickness' seems about right.

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
That looks rather complicated. I use a length a bungee across the cockpit, clove hitched around the tiller. Works perfectly and the boat has travelled many hours upwind with just that steering.

Refueler

Visit site
I need more detail. Sketchbook? Pin rail as in line of belaying pins?

PBO used to produce a series of 'Sketchbooks' ... practical ideas for people to use ... i think they did 5 ... I used to have them all .. but they got lost over the years.

Pin Rail .... a straight piece of timber that sat under the tiller, series of holes drilled in that distance between any pair = the tiller width and two pins to put in the holes to lock tiller ... it of course did not have fine tuning like a rope tamer ...