Tides Planner

ithet

Visit site
Looking at.Absolute Tides (which uses official data) it does seem that the tabular times of HT this morning and max height are earlier and lower than what is shown when you switch to it's graphical view.
However, HT times for Southampton are always an approximation anyway, as the stand means it drifts in and out over a period of up to two hours.

B27

Visit site
Southampton has two peaks in its tidal curve, sometimes the first is bigger, sometimes the second.
Different prediction models may either always tell you the first peak or have different opinions about which will be the bigger.
The proper thing to do is use HW Portsmouth for planning around the Solent region.
Or Dover if that's what your Tide Stream Atlas uses!
If you need local times for Poole or Southampton, then Low Water is a more sensible part of the curve to use as a reference.

Also bear in mind, 'Southampton' is a big stain on the map, the tide predictions are valid for one point only, which I think is Town Quay, the times and heights will be different if you stray a few hundred metres.

All the predictions are still just predictions.
This is real:
Real-time/near real-time data display for Portsmouth | National Tidal and Sea Level Facility

Daydream believer

Visit site
Interesting that. I gave our club the tidal info from the tables issued by Bradwell marina (for Bradwell Waterside) to put in the race info. Last Sunday we watched Radio Caroline turn 45minutes different to when she should have according to the times for HW & there was some difference at LW. Although I did not note it.
That sort of difference can be awkward for a fin keeler wanting to enter/depart the creek to the marina which is usually in the region of 3.5 hours each side of HW depending on springs/neaps draft etc
It makes one wonder where printers get the data for these booklets. Is it from the admiralty, or does one company supply most of the booklet info ( & from where) around the UK & printers just add the relevant local info, adds etc to suit.