THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

jrudge

Visit site
I agree completely but I think its common practice.

That might be a problem in Italy .
In the UK I suspect no one will notice or even if they do notice the will not care . If out on a boat you are isolated so whats the problem?.
I suppose that they have no idea of where you have been and if the same people are on board when you return.

inSpain you can’t go for a drive in the car ( as reported on Mallorca Facebook forums ) so I suppose letting people go for boat rides would be the same

markc

Visit site
thanks for the not v.helpful info :rolleyes:
I'm asking as I'm about to order a muffler for my jet rib from the states, a couple of smallish items from the UK and an inverter from DE.
I might as well not do it and wait unless postal services generally work...
OK Trump closed the borders to EU so doubt anything will come from there anytime soon, but I'd hope EU services will function, will check tomorrow at the local post office.

cheers

V.
Borders closed to people, not things, so suspect that all logistics operations will continue. I just received a email today from a supplier in Italy sending something to the boat in France, tracking number etc. We need to keep spending money where we can to support business

MapisM

Visit site
I also read of folks in Italy who got a ticket for not having been able to explain why they were out and about.
But I suspect that most of the time, people just get warned, and only smartarses eventually get fined.
As it seems to me to be true also in the case you are reporting.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Borders closed to people, not things, so suspect that all logistics operations will continue. I just received a email today from a supplier in Italy sending something to the boat in France, tracking number etc. We need to keep spending money where we can to support business

I can confirm that. Much to my surprise all of my company's suppliers in Italy and Germany are still saying that they will be continuing to ship machinery and parts to us in the UK. As you say, I think there's the realisation that if goods are stopped from crossing borders as well as people, the European economy is going to crash very quickly

MapisM

Visit site
Borders closed to people, not things, so suspect that all logistics operations will continue.
Yup, same here.
Not sure if there's any restriction to "things", though - like only non-futile stuff, or whatever.
I mean, let's be honest, we can live without buying jewelry, for a while....

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I've just had an idea. If the Med boating season this year is going to be a write off, how about shipping our boats back to the UK for the summer?

Anyone got any idea what the cost would be for shipping a 60ft boat back from SoF to Southampton would be?

MapisM

Visit site
Yeah, I was only joking, obviously.
If you'll go that route and here we'll still be restricted, I might as well beg for an invitation...! :cool:

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Yeah, I was only joking, obviously.
If you'll go that route and here we'll still be restricted, I might as well beg for an invitation...! :cool:

Sure but there is going to be one big problem with this amazing idea of mine. Probably when we take our boats back into the EU next season we'll incur VAT liability on importation:cry:

hullabaloo

Visit site
Dont sweat it fellas. The Welsh mob will post loads of pics of the Welsh Med to keep you hanging in there (y)

e8ZMETE.jpg
Well I must say bruce, that was very bitchy !
(but no doult i will see you around Anglesey, I will be in my boat !), (y):cool:

BruceK

Visit site
Well I must say bruce, that was very bitchy !
(but no doult i will see you around Anglesey, I will be in my boat !), (y):cool:

Well Hullabaloo, you can say what you like but them Med boys do like to lord it over us with their locale and waters and aint particularly shy about it either. So I say get the boot in while you can :p

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Well Hullabaloo, you can say what you like but them Med boys do like to lord it over us with their locale and waters and aint particularly shy about it either. So I say get the boot in while you can :p

Yeah right:) When was that photo taken? The one fine day in Anglesey in1978??

MapisM

Visit site
Sure but there is going to be one big problem with this amazing idea of mine. Probably when we take our boats back into the EU next season we'll incur VAT liability on importation:cry:
No worries, you will still be able to sell her in SoF and cash in two GBP for each EUR.
Financing Macron with a bit of VAT will be just a minor collateral damage... :cool:
OTOH, you might be unable to buy another boat, even from one of the three Brits, because in the meantime they will have to pay twice the price for most components... :oops:
...All considered, forget it. You'd better rush to SoF till (if?) you can!

BruceK

Visit site
Yeah right:) When was that photo taken? The one fine day in Anglesey in1978??

Ya well no fine, maybe, but I'm counting on Sods Law that if you Med boys are locked down the weather is going to be the best in living memory here in Sunny Wales and I'm going to make sure I'm there to take full advantage of it. :D

Star-Lord

Visit site

Paul_S123

Visit site
We are currently in Spain...in our apartment, which is 5 minutes from our boat, We cannot leave our complex without a valid reason. Not allowed to go for a walk, unless you have a dog, and then only one person can walk the dog. They are taking it all very seriously.

julians

Visit site
I've just had an idea. If the Med boating season this year is going to be a write off, how about shipping our boats back to the UK for the summer?

Anyone got any idea what the cost would be for shipping a 60ft boat back from SoF to Southampton would be?

I suspect that the UK is going to be in a similar lockdown very soon, so I reckon everyone's boating season is about to be put on hold.