THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

Portofino

Visit site
Can you access data of how many cases / deaths in your locality ? Compare that to home ?
The run home through Fr risk increases daily.
To be fair to them you can go for a pee @ motorway services only touching your flys ....auto doors , bog doors wedged open , open window = draught = airflow , contactless soap + taps . pay for fuel @ the pump so gloves + surface wipe s .Basically it’s possible to refuel and comfort break with out inhaling anybody’s recently exhaled air + droplets . Folks spread out parking wise .

Airborne transmission is the way in .Theres a suggestion of leaving supermarket stuff in its bags alone for 24 hrs before handling .To just be absolutely sure any residual surface virus becomes inactive .
You don’t know who in front of you has just sneezed / handled it before you strolled in .

The check out girl May have a mask and gloves but again you don’t exactly know her status or any of the preceding customers .
So a preceding customer contaminates an item you put in your trolly , she handles it first ( with gloves ) , she’s protected but every item ...all of yours she now contaminates them from the first as she scans the others .

Food for thought :)

Hurricane

Visit site
give us some clues then, is it mechanical, electrical, electronic, soft furnishing/sewing related?

Well, this one has really taxed me.
I have had to learn a completely new skill

I’d guess either new cushion covers or new canvas Bimini/tent.

No, not sewing - I left the sewing machine at home.
But the yachtie friend who came out with me has one on his boat.
He is making cushions.
I did make some covers before I left home though to replace this one that I made last summer.
?loody seagulls - look what they did:-

20200128_162248.resized.jpg

I do have some different new covers to test fit before finishing them when I eventually get home.

But, no, this latest one is not sewing related.

vas

Visit site
Well, this one has really taxed me.
I have had to learn a completely new skill

I give up then!

No, not sewing - I left the sewing machine at home.
But the yachtie friend who came out with me has one on his boat.
He is making cushions.
I did make some covers before I left home though to replace this one that I made last summer.
?loody seagulls - look what they did:-

View attachment 87047

I do have some different new covers to test fit before finishing them when I eventually get home.

But, no, this latest one is not sewing related.

looks really bad!
have a similar cover on my f/b area (mainly to protect the paint and gauges from seagul sh1t) and is in perfect condition after 4yrs. BUT and that's a big but, it's made out of lorry canvas thing, not sure how you call that, it's thick plastic. Guy who sew it together said that the stitches will fail in 7-8yrs, I should bring it back to him to redo, the material wont :D

GSL

Me Cheltenham, boat Sant Carles de la Rapida
Visit site
I give up then!

looks really bad!
have a similar cover on my f/b area (mainly to protect the paint and gauges from seagul sh1t) and is in perfect condition after 4yrs. BUT and that's a big but, it's made out of lorry canvas thing, not sure how you call that, it's thick plastic. Guy who sew it together said that the stitches will fail in 7-8yrs, I should bring it back to him to redo, the material wont :D

I know what you are doing Mike............, dismantling your solar panels, reassembling them and then reconfiguring them to get more power from them.

A complete new skill required.

GL

Bouba

Visit site
I know what you are doing Mike............, dismantling your solar panels, reassembling them and then reconfiguring them to get more power from them.

A complete new skill required.

GL
I thought he said he’s making a seagull repellent ?

Hurricane

Visit site
I thought he said he’s making a seagull repellent ?

Actually, I've given up with repelling seagulls.
At the end of last year, I fitted some solar powered ultrasonic bird scarers to my radar scanner.
Just for the winter to keep the birds off.
There is a setting that keeps bears off but I set it for birds because we don't get many bears round here.
Here's a pic

serve.php

I think it might be working because they prefer to have their gatherings on my flybridge console instead now.
So, I think I might have just moved the problem rather than cureing it.

Hurricane

Visit site
Weather here is awful at the moment - strong winds and biblical rain.
Been like this for about 10 days now but we do get a few hours of nice sunshine - this morning for example it was lovely.

I've just had a text from my friends who are locked in the boatyard.

This is what she said:-
Feed up with the weather, just did a wine stock take. 44 bottles of red. 5 bottles of white, 7 bottles of fizz. Several bottles of gin and a case of tonics. 1 litre bottle of Soberano, French brandy. A load of liquors of various makes and vintages. Martini (don't like) I think we can go another forty days.

• Haha
Reactions: MrB

Asm

Visit site
Weather here is awful at the moment - strong winds and biblical rain.
Been like this for about 10 days now but we do get a few hours of nice sunshine - this morning for example it was lovely.

I've just had a text from my friends who are locked in the boatyard.

This is what she said:-
Feed up with the weather, just did a wine stock take. 44 bottles of red. 5 bottles of white, 7 bottles of fizz. Several bottles of gin and a case of tonics. 1 litre bottle of Soberano, French brandy. A load of liquors of various makes and vintages. Martini (don't like) I think we can go another forty days.
OK then
Guess this year's big job?
is it anything to do with your dearest wife’s hand being burnt? (Even though she was wearing a glove!)

MapisM

Visit site
OK then
Guess this year's big job?
Ok, I'll give it a shot.
Let's see... A lot of time to kill...
Locked onboard 24/7 together with wife...
Nothing but virtual contacts with outer world...
Yep, the job must definitely be related to something that starts with an F and ends with a K!!! :cool:

Hurricane

Visit site
Can you access data of how many cases / deaths in your locality ? Compare that to home ?
The run home through Fr risk increases daily.
To be fair to them you can go for a pee @ motorway services only touching your flys ....auto doors , bog doors wedged open , open window = draught = airflow , contactless soap + taps . pay for fuel @ the pump so gloves + surface wipe s .Basically it’s possible to refuel and comfort break with out inhaling anybody’s recently exhaled air + droplets . Folks spread out parking wise .

Airborne transmission is the way in .Theres a suggestion of leaving supermarket stuff in its bags alone for 24 hrs before handling .To just be absolutely sure any residual surface virus becomes inactive .
You don’t know who in front of you has just sneezed / handled it before you strolled in .

The check out girl May have a mask and gloves but again you don’t exactly know her status or any of the preceding customers .
So a preceding customer contaminates an item you put in your trolly , she handles it first ( with gloves ) , she’s protected but every item ...all of yours she now contaminates them from the first as she scans the others .

Food for thought :)
We are so cut off here that we don't get much local information or statistics - rely on BBC and Sky News

Hurricane

Visit site
Ok, I'll give it a shot.
Let's see... A lot of time to kill...
Locked onboard 24/7 together with wife...
Nothing but virtual contacts with outer world...
Yep, the job must definitely be related to something that starts with an F and ends with a K!!! :cool:
Actually, P you are wrong.
SWMBO is at home - I'm on my own - except for my very good yachtie friend who is helping me beyond the call of duty.
In fact, the weather in the UK at the moment is MUCH better than here.
SWMBO is at our son's house where he is building an extension - he has lots of materials on site so he and his mum are fitting roof rafters, purlins and valley boards.
From the photos that they have sent, they are getting along really well.
Seem to be doing it quicker than if I were there!!!

Back to the point, P, I'm sure you DO know the main job - I mentioned it in an email to you a couple of months ago.

I will post a clue tomorrow.

MapisM

Visit site
Actually, (aside from taking the opportunity of a pun!), my guess was based on what you told me about your deck...
Or were you talking of the engine now?

John100156

Visit site
Yes John,
The Spanish Government, following the Congress held yesterday, has decided to extend the State of Alarm (originally declared from the 16th of March until the 29th) until the 11th of April 2020 in SC.

MapisM

Visit site
Mmm... So, neither the engines job nor the Flexiteek (just in case someone misunderstandood my post #214 :p)...
What else? Are you sure to have mentioned that in your email?
I can remember a few other things, but only these are the ones I would have called "big jobs".
Oh, well. I'll wait till you will spill the beans.
I'm getting used to do not much else than wait anyhow, these days... :(

PS: interesting video, btw. Those Spanish mechanics must be pretty confident on what they are doing, to pull the engine with a chain not locked on the crane hook - hence potentially at risk of sliding!

Last edited: