THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

Ratkins

Visit site
Just received an email from our marina (marina salinas,Torrevieja) . Our marina in full lockdown no boats in or out. Marina office closed but staff will still patrol the marina to ensure boats are safe etc.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Just received an email from our marina (marina salinas,Torrevieja) . Our marina in full lockdown no boats in or out. Marina office closed but staff will still patrol the marina to ensure boats are safe etc.
Same situation in Altea were I am. One would hope that if a boat was sinking then they would make an attempt to lift it, if nothing else than to avoid pollution!

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
At Sant Carles, I manage our marina forum.
On the forum, I include a link to a webcam page which is generated by the forum software.
Several times a day, the forum software controls the pan and zoom of the camera to capture still images.
There are 12 views - the camera takes a photo, moves (pan/zoom) and takes another photo until all 12 views have been captured.
The photos at each position are stored and displayed on a page for anyone wanting to see the latest set.
Virtually all the marina is covered this way.
Mostly, boats are obscured by other boats but generally, there are good views around the marina.

This is the link to the latest set of photos - weather here not good at the moment.
http://www.scmchat.com/extraweb/webcam/camera_display.php
@Hurricane are you still in Spain?

Hurricane

Visit site
@Hurricane are you still in Spain?

Yes Pete

We got here before it all kicked off and, really, we haven't had the opportunity of returning.
Brittany Ferries cancelled two of our booked return sailings.
So, we have just got on with this year's jobs.
Actually I think it is very safe here.
We don't go anywhere.
We don't see anyone other than about 3 other people living on their boats.
We went out for provisions when we first got here and haven't been out since.
Plenty of food on board.
Lots of beer (mostly last year's stock) so it needs drinking.
The car is fully fuelled.
I brought all the materials that I need in the trailer (we call it a Donkey Box - like a Horse Box but smaller)
Everything that we need is in it.

Marina is officially closed.
We have friends who are locked inside the boatyard.
Marina staff are still present but we have been asked not to approach them so we just acknowledge each other at a distance.
The waste bins are being emptied - the shower/toilet block is open to us and cleaned daily as usual.
The marina staff are in the office during the day - we can't talk to them but as usual, they are being helpful.

Life is good at the moment

We will probably look to returning sometime over the next couple of weeks but in the meantime - it is safe and we are "effectively" isolated.

vas

Visit site
Life is good at the moment

We will probably look to returning sometime over the next couple of weeks but in the meantime - it is safe and we are "effectively" isolated.
not sure, but the way things are going and the rate CV is spreading all over Europe, if I were you, I'd probably stay put for a month at least (if not more!)

D

Deleted User YDKXO

not sure, but the way things are going and the rate CV is spreading all over Europe, if I were you, I'd probably stay put for a month at least (if not more!)

I agree. I think H should get ready for the long haul out there. I cannot see travel restrictions being lifted any time soon, maybe weeks or even months away

vas

Visit site
I agree. I think H should get ready for the long haul out there. I cannot see travel restrictions being lifted any time soon, maybe weeks or even months away
yes and I'd be definitely worried of spending a day or so crossing the whole of Spain (just "passed" China in overall number of casualties!) and then spending some time in a boat with it's aircon cycling whatnot all around you. Seems like a recipe for disaster!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

yes and I'd be definitely worried of spending a day or so crossing the whole of Spain (just "passed" China in overall number of casualties!) and then spending some time in a boat with it's aircon cycling whatnot all around you. Seems like a recipe for disaster!

If it was me I'd be wanting to stay in my tin box all the way home ie drive through France and then through the tunnel

Hurricane

Visit site
If it was me I'd be wanting to stay in my tin box all the way home ie drive through France and then through the tunnel
Actually, mike, that is probably the way we will go - drive all the way - staying inside the car - leaving the confines of the car only for a pee and fuel.

Just not ready to make the trip yet and I think we are safe here, where we are.
We leave our pontoon area about 3 times a day - only to go to the trailer and toilets - sanitising everything with hand wipes as we go (Timbad - we are using those industrial wipes you gave us).
Only 3 other people on this pontoon - all of them locked down like us.
The pontoon gates are locked and accessed using out usual security cards.
Outside the pontoon, there is a large car park - very few people there as well (perhaps 30 per day).

We can get food if we want to - the Spanish authorities let us drive to the supermarkets as long as there is only one person in a car (the driver)
But we haven't been out since Spain was locked down and we have plenty of dried, tinned and frozen food on board.
Water and electricity still working.
Batteries, solar panels and generator if the electricity were to fail.
No problem with enough diesel to run the generator!!!
Good internet and some Sky TV.

And we are keeping busy doing this year's jobs - I might report on this year's big job later (if there is interest).

timbad

Visit site
Actually, mike, that is probably the way we will go - drive all the way - staying inside the car - leaving the confines of the car only for a pee and fuel.

Just not ready to make the trip yet and I think we are safe here, where we are.
We leave our pontoon area about 3 times a day - only to go to the trailer and toilets - sanitising everything with hand wipes as we go (Timbad - we are using those industrial wipes you gave us).
Only 3 other people on this pontoon - all of them locked down like us.
The pontoon gates are locked and accessed using out usual security cards.
Outside the pontoon, there is a large car park - very few people there as well (perhaps 30 per day).

We can get food if we want to - the Spanish authorities let us drive to the supermarkets as long as there is only one person in a car (the driver)
But we haven't been out since Spain was locked down and we have plenty of dried, tinned and frozen food on board.
Water and electricity still working.
Batteries, solar panels and generator if the electricity were to fail.
No problem with enough diesel to run the generator!!!
Good internet and some Sky TV.

And we are keeping busy doing this year's jobs - I might report on this year's big job later (if there is interest).
Mike you wont be surprised to hear that you probably hold the greatest stock of those wipes globally, use sparingly :)