the Volvo Ocean Race

Capt. Clueless

Visit site
I'm kind of wondering if some of these crew changes have affected positioning in the race. TTTOP doing better, Brunel & Scallywag somewhat lagging. Akzo Nobel turning the taps on also after their disaster in the Southern ocean.

Capt. Clueless

Visit site
Yeah, it was looking oh so promising, and now will be getting into the drag race to Hong Kong. The ones who went north on the east side appear to have found the winds, and now getting going.

DHV90

Visit site
Sounds like Vestas collided with a local fishing boat resulting in the death of one of the fisherman over night. really awful news, apparently the other 9 on board were rescued but the fishing vessel sank.

wotayottie

Visit site
Looks like TTOP were last again. Wouldnt like to be the skipper of Vestas - I would doubt whether any investigation by Chinese police would be open minded as opposed to politically driven.

Capt. Clueless

Visit site
A good friend of mine used to have to navigate large ships through the South china seas, and says that the Chinese fishermen are the worst for no lights or any kind of way of letting people know where they are. When I got my 1st sailing boat, and told him, he said....."Oh no, not another ******* WAFI !

ifoxwell

Visit site
It seems a shame that the whole media thing seems to have dried up now. We used to have daily updates and more covering every aspect of the race and now nothing.

Now i appreciate that its difficult to talk about the race following whats happened but by saying nothing it leaves the way open for all the gossip which is mostly bad for both the current situation, the race, and the sport in general.

Capt. Clueless

Visit site
It seems a shame that the whole media thing seems to have dried up now. We used to have daily updates and more covering every aspect of the race and now nothing.

Now i appreciate that its difficult to talk about the race following whats happened but by saying nothing it leaves the way open for all the gossip which is mostly bad for both the current situation, the race, and the sport in general.

You get full daily updates on the volvo ocean race on their facebook page. Also theyupload the 1300utc report onto youtube. I doubt that they are in a position to say much on the incident, as it will now be under legal due course.

ifoxwell

Visit site
I dont follow anything on Facebook however the youtube updates dried up as did the official releases to the major online publications from the moment of the crash.

That said there is some new content just appearing on YouTube so perhaps they are now getting it back together

monkfish24

Visit site
Well, this is all very depressing. TTTOP back in last as everybody flies past them. Brunel who were lagging, have even gone past them.......

Having raced with Bouwe, I'm pretty sure he would have been pulling what little hair he has left, out, he was really hoping for a win this year.