The Truth About Sailing On The Algarve

nortada

Visit site
Form T2L - Proof Of VAT Paid

It is understood that as of late Faro Customs have been demanding that selected vessels produce a T2L (supposed proof of VAT paid).

Believe HMRC position is that there is no need for UK flagged vessels whose ship's papers already prove that VAT has been paid (in the UK) to meet this requirement.

Unfortunately, Faro has a record of issuing a lien on the boat, which prevents it leaving port and giving a 30 day period of grace to produce the T2L. There is a lot more detail on the Lagos Navigators Free Forum at http://lagosnavigators.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=1843&f=24.

My question how many vessels are running foul of this saga?

Sandyman

Visit site
Re: Then And Now.

We arrived in Albufeira last night so may pop over if the offer still stands?

Bom Dia
Yes of course it does. As said, in refit mode so don't expect silver service tiffin & ice in your G & T's :) :)

Edit to say the gates at Bruces yard are closed until Monday morning. Will PM you my mobile No so you can call & we will arrive to let you in.

Last edited:
Visit site
Re: Form T2L - Proof Of VAT Paid

It is understood that as of late Faro Customs have been demanding that selected vessels produce a T2L (supposed proof of VAT paid).

Believe HMRC position is that there is no need for UK flagged vessels whose ship's papers already prove that VAT has been paid (in the UK) to meet this requirement.

Unfortunately, Faro has a record of issuing a lien on the boat, which prevents it leaving port and giving a 30 day period of grace to produce the T2L. There is a lot more detail on the Lagos Navigators Free Forum at http://lagosnavigators.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=1843&f=24.

My question how many vessels are running foul of this saga?

We have been contacted by friends in Lagos...they, along with approx. 10 other boats have been told to produce the T2L form and they have been told their boat is 'impounded' until they do so...That was earlier this week.

GrahamM376

Visit site

We have been contacted by friends in Lagos...they, along with approx. 10 other boats have been told to produce the T2L form and they have been told their boat is 'impounded' until they do so...That was earlier this week.

I wonder if the "official" concerned is the same pillock who impounded 24 boats in Bruce's a couple of years ago for not having their port of registry displayed on the transom. Still wondering why 10 or 11 boats have to produce T2L when 1000+ other visiting boats don't. What is the difference? Lack of VAT paperwork?

Visit site

It does once again though highlight the bureaucratic bull that we have to put up with . However it is relatively easy to prepare beforehand and get hold of this document prior to going to the likes of Portugal and I believe Croatia where these things are sometimes asked for.

nortada

Visit site

Same here. Where do theses stories keep coming from ?

Sorry, not a story - a fact. Nor is this issue confined to Lagos.

Try reading http://lagosnavigators.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=1843&f=24 and http://lagosnavigators.freeforums.org/t2l-forms-t329.html, which go back 3 years and are first hand experiences, fully validated.

Oh, by the way, I have seen the lien and completed C88(T2L)s.

As the instances are on the increase, and the procedure is free (provided you do not seek professional advice), I will get a T2L when next in the UK.

Last edited:

colhel

Visit site

Bom Dia
Yes of course it does. As said, in refit mode so don't expect silver service tiffin & ice in your G & T's :) :)

Edit to say the gates at Bruces yard are closed until Monday morning. Will PM you my mobile No so you can call & we will arrive to let you in.

Many Thanks for your hospitality yesterday we both really enjoyed it, and what a superb location!

Colin and Helen

nortada

Visit site

Bump! There seem to be a proliferation of threads re Algarve and Guadiana!
Possible to combine them AGAIN and make it a sticky?

Certainly combine them but create a sticky? This would create a precident and could lead to loads of stickies for different cruising areas. Is this desirable?