?? The Route-map Out Of The Portuguese Lock Down. ??

nortada

Visit site
Just got back into port.

Twenty two boats sailed out through the bridge and think about the same number have just got back. Doesn't look like anybody has done a runner but are boats who came back the same 22 who set sail❓

The sense of joy around the marina is palpable and many are celebrating whilst maintaining strict social distancing.(y)?

Sandyman

Visit site
I email Bruce's boatyard asking what the situation is and received the following short reply today - We wait for news... but I think when borders are opened, ports and navigation will be available.
Was talky talk with Bruce on Friday & he said no haul-outs or launches except for locals until mid-June at the earliest. Rachel & Sally still stuck in France despite earlier reports they were not allowed to cross the boarder.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Maybe Bruce wasn't aware on Frida
Was talky talk with Bruce on Friday & he said no haul-outs or launches except for locals until mid-June at the earliest. Rachel & Sally still stuck in France despite earlier reports they were not allowed to cross the boarder.

Maybe Bruce wasn't aware on Friday that sailing now allowed or that other yards have been launching to moorings for some time? Wonder whether those of us permanently based there are counted as locals or have to be Portuguese flagged. Sounds like he's making up his own rules.

Munz

Visit site
Maybe Bruce wasn't aware on Friday that sailing now allowed or that other yards have been launching to moorings for some time? Wonder whether those of us permanently based there are counted as locals or have to be Portuguese flagged. Sounds like he's making up his own rules.

Possibly Bruce is making up his own rules, but my money would be on the Port Capitain (making up the rules), it looks like they haven't had clear directives from above and are each deciding what to allow as they see fit (which probably won't come as a great shock to you).

If you go to noonsite, you'll see they seem to have slightly changed the info dated 7th of May (compare it with post #18).

Around Faro/Villa Real the situation seems to be clear as mud right now (hence I wouldn't lay this a Bruces door), and I'd hold off making any plans for a bit unless you have other info specific to Faro?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Possibly Bruce is making up his own rules, but my money would be on the Port Capitain (making up the rules), it looks like they haven't had clear directives from above and are each deciding what to allow as they see fit (which probably won't come as a great shock to you).

If you go to noonsite, you'll see they seem to have slightly changed the info dated 7th of May (compare it with post #18).

Around Faro/Villa Real the situation seems to be clear as mud right now (hence I wouldn't lay this a Bruces door), and I'd hold off making any plans for a bit unless you have other info specific to Faro?

Faro is the regional office and Olhao, Portimao, Lagos etc. all come under them as local offices so, strange they're not all singing from the same hymnbook. We plan to be back in Portugal mid June so hopefully the differences will be resolved by then.

nortada

Visit site
Faro is the regional office and Olhao, Portimao, Lagos etc. all come under them as local offices so, strange they're not all singing from the same hymnbook. We plan to be back in Portugal mid June so hopefully the differences will be resolved by then.

Think these decisions are being taken centrally from Lisbon on advice for the regions.

nortada

Visit site
It has just been announced that vessel not currently in Portuguese Waters will not be permitted to enter Portuguese Waters until 15 June; an extension of one month.

The one exception, vessels on passage, having requested permission, will be permitted to enter ports of refuge to refuel and resupply but NOT REMAIN once replenishment has been completed.

GHA

Visit site
Maybe Bruce wasn't aware on Frida

His circus, he likely knows better than anyone in the yard what's going on
He can do what he wants. :)

greeny

Visit site
I was told last week by marina office at Portimao that I have to go and see the Capitan first if I want to go out in a foreign registered boat.
I'll probably find out if the flag makes any actual difference on Thursday when I ask permission of him to go sailing.
If he stops me going I'll go fishing in the portuguese registered rib and stick to the rules.
I didn't really want the rib on Portuguese plates originally but I guess there's silver lining to every cloud.

Beneteau381

Visit site
I was told last week by marina office at Portimao that I have to go and see the Capitan first if I want to go out in a foreign registered boat.
I'll probably find out if the flag makes any actual difference on Thursday when I ask permission of him to go sailing.
If he stops me going I'll go fishing in the portuguese registered rib and stick to the rules.
I didn't really want the rib on Portuguese plates originally but I guess there's silver lining to every cloud.
Where are you now?

nortada

Visit site
Sent you a PM.

Another full day’s sailing and understand that irrespective of flag, provided the crew has Portuguese residency, they are cleared to anchor out overnight.

Don’t understand the requirement for residency but during this covid crisis it seems to be gathering ever more significance❓

greeny

Visit site
Another full day’s sailing and understand that irrespective of flag, provided the crew has Portuguese residency, they are cleared to anchor out overnight.

Don’t understand the requirement for residency but during this covid crisis it seems to be gathering ever more significance❓
I guess that its an indication that you live there and have not travelled hundreds or thousands of miles just to sail and have a holiday. Its probably more indicative of where you live than the flag on your boat at this time.

nortada

Visit site
I guess that its an indication that you live there and have not traveled hundreds or thousands of miles just to sail and have a holiday. Its probably more indicative of where you live than the flag on your boat at this time.

Not strictly true, currently, irrespective of flag (and this includes Portuguese), if you are not already in Portuguese Waters you are not allowed to enter Portuguese Waters. The/concession to anchor out overnight is just for people in Portugal, with Portuguese residency.

By these rules, a British berth-holder with a British flagged vessel and Portuguese residency can get permission to moor out overnight and visit other Portuguese marinas but the German in the next boat, even if the boat is Portuguese flagged, unless he is a Portuguese resident, he can day-sail but not stay out over night or visit other marinas.

In practical terms, I anticipate Nelson's Eye (or is that Portuguese Pragmatism ;) ) will be applied.

Could make sailing on the Guadiana interesting‼

greeny

Visit site
Yes, I was thinking the other day that a week up the river and the journey to and from, with stopovers in Culatra would make a nice opening day sailing trip for the season.
But realistically and to be fair to the locals it's a non starter for the time being. Plus, which side of the river can I use on the bends. :)
Travelling tomorrow so wish me luck.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Yes, I was thinking the other day that a week up the river and the journey to and from, with stopovers in Culatra would make a nice opening day sailing trip for the season.
But realistically and to be fair to the locals it's a non starter for the time being. Plus, which side of the river can I use on the bends. :)
Keep us updated?

Beneteau381

Visit site
As I said, La Vagabond was in Culatra last week, instagram pix of BBQ on beach, looked like the eastern end. Dunno whether they are endearing themselves to the locals doing that. I thought BBQs were banned?