Taylors diesel 079db

jettemartin

Visit site
I have just purchaced "Used" this heater and have not got a clue how to fire it up. can anyone help me. I need an owners or instalation booklet. If anyone has the same heater I woluld love to hear a bit about it. Where do I start to find out if it is in good working order. If you could advise me I would be most greatfull. The other thing is do I have everything I need? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Steve_N

Visit site
What parts do you think you may be missing? Presuming it's the header tank version you should have tank, pipe with on/off tap and fuel filter, heater unit itself with diesel drip control on left, flue pipe in sections, deck fitting, cowl.

The only consumable is the burner can which will eventually burn through. If that appears to be in good condition and you have all of the above then you should have a working unit.

Preheat burner can with meths or gas blowtorch, establish diesel flow and away you go..

Plum

Visit site
I fitted the same heater myself last year which I got second-hand /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. You certainly need the owners handbook to ensure you get the installation right and the correct firing up proceedure. Try Andy at (Mailspeed Marine) [andy@mailspeedmarine.com] who can supply handbook and any additional parts you require, like the insulating gasket that you must fit between the deck-fitting and your deck. The position of the heater, the length of the flue and the fuel pressure are all important and are explained in the handbook.