Cruise Reports Taking our yacht to Sweden for the summer - any 50m marinas?

stelican

Visit site
Awesome! Indeed one and the same.

They got to Hamburg... then had to go back to Manchester to get the new axle.. issues were to do with the newer bigger engine.

Pleased you have such a keen eye.

This is becoming even more laughable if that is possible.
Please explain where you would put all that fuel to give you the quoted range. Just look how shallow the hull.
I suppose you have had long range tanks fitted in the bow.

Capital_R

Visit site
Hi Stelican!

I sure could have used your advice 6 weeks ago!

I was told the new RIB has a fuel consumption of about 40l/hr, a top speed of 47 knots, and a V8 5.7l 320hp inboard Volvo which lasted 10 hrs between refuelings.

I should have posted the proposed purchase here.... the skepticism would have saved me 10's of thousands!

Anyway, thats the boat I have now, so will test it out asap and let everyone know.

:)

D

Deleted User YDKXO

They got to Hamburg... then had to go back to Manchester to get the new axle.. issues were to do with the newer bigger engine.
Why would they go all the way back to Manchester for an Indespension axle when Indespension have dealers all over Germany?

sorabain

Visit site
Hi Stelican!

I sure could have used your advice 6 weeks ago!

I was told the new RIB has a fuel consumption of about 40l/hr, a top speed of 47 knots, and a V8 5.7l 320hp inboard Volvo which lasted 10 hrs between refuelings.

I should have posted the proposed purchase here.... the skepticism would have saved me 10's of thousands!

Anyway, thats the boat I have now, so will test it out asap and let everyone know.

:)

Did they cherry pick results from different scenarios? Perhaps it can go 47 knots, but not at 40l/hour. Does it have 400L tanks, or is the 10 hours also quoted from a different fuel burn?

Capital_R

Visit site
Did they cherry pick results from different scenarios? Perhaps it can go 47 knots, but not at 40l/hour. Does it have 400L tanks, or is the 10 hours also quoted from a different fuel burn?

Yep - that's exactly what appears to have happened.... Rolls Royce and Boeing do the same thing... "new engine is 27% more fuel efficient" (neglecting to say that planes now fly at 600kmph not 800kmph like the 707/747 used to do.

Capital_R

Visit site

I think the fuel tanks are about 400l.

I'll confirm once we put fuel in it.

R.

sorabain

Visit site
I think the fuel tanks are about 400l.

I'll confirm once we put fuel in it.

R.

How are you going to lift it on and off the ship? I couldn't see any obvious lifting points on the pic. I was thinking you might have picked up an old RN pacific 24 or something with a single-point lift system.

Visit site

So I'm thinking the V8 is going to burn more like 100lph at full noise so it's going to run for 4 hours not 10

Step1

Visit site
On the subject of delegation. If you can co-ordinate all this work from wherever you are in the world, surely it should be easier to delegate the acquisition of a tin of custard than a new axle for an indespension trailer??