Table fixing ideas...

KevinV

Visit site
With the horizontal support being round I'd be looking to a solution that pivots the table horizontal-->vertical. That wouldn't be hard to implement, would get table out of the way without removing it or losing functionality when in use as a table

flaming

Visit site
With the horizontal support being round I'd be looking to a solution that pivots the table horizontal-->vertical. That wouldn't be hard to implement, would get table out of the way without removing it or losing functionality when in use as a table
Yes, that's what I wanted to do. However it has been clarified that this would attract a penalty for altering the standard interior.

PabloPicasso

Visit site
The irony is, in Cruising mode it *can* be removed and just fitted when required. It only has to be in place when racing. ...and even then, only until it breaks off.
+1 for fitting with velcro.
Won'tstop you bolting it if needs be, and cam be remived after the start ti stop breakages.

Neeves

Visit site
My understanding now is that the table(s) are optional extras and some yachts did not buy one (or the owners did not buy one) and presumably they are differently rated to the yachts that did buy tables.

So much for class racing, or are there 3 classes, with tables, without tables and some with spiffy tables.

No wonder they are trying to increase numbers of owners (of any yacht) to take up racing. With rules as daft as this its both lacking in logic, complex and adds unnecessary costs.

Or have I got it wrong.

I'd not have the 'Do Not Sit' rule but 'Crew Member breaking table buys a new one at cost of. ?'

Jonathan

rotrax

Visit site
How genteel - a table while racing.

My Speedway bikes never even had brakes......................................

I think I would turn it into an H&S issue.

Broken Carbon Fibre can cut like a scalpel. Ask how I know. :(

Just seen it is Sexton Blake carbon fibre from the OP. Broken grp can still damage persons and perhaps sails.

Last edited:

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Sorry, haven't read whole thread, so apologies if this has already been suggested or ruled out.

Could you add a hinge or rotating mechanism between mounting and table such that it is in place along the centreline but vertical (and thus less in the way and likely to get caught/damaged when racing), but at any moment can be tilted and latched horizontally for use as a table. You would be adding a little (but not significant?) weight not reducing it, the table is 'in place', and usable as a table, so should not be objectionable to the racing authorities or your competitors.

Ingwe

Visit site
The dual lock velcro might work but you will need a big area of it to get a good enough bond to hold a table - we use it to attach the instruments to out mast bracket, but we still manage to knock them off every now and again.

It may be a bit extreme but the only other thing that might get past the ratings office would be to cut the existing table into 3, hinge it to have 2 leaves, add little supports to hold it up when needed and just use bungy to hold it closed whilst you want it out of the way - technically this would be marginally adding weight so it might be acceptable?

Other threads that may be of interest