Syracuse Mooring Regs

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi Tony ,
I looking for more info too , we about to head that way in a week or so .
I emailed a few people but so far no info is forcoming .
I personally haven't heard any more then what the one person reported earlier in the year .

Tony Cross

Visit site
AFAIK there is no new information on anchoring in Siracusa, you are supposed to call 'Siracusa Harbourmaster' on VHF 16 for instructions. If they don't answer (and the word is they're pretty tardy) try phoning them on +39 093 148 1011 .

RobbieW

Visit site
Hi Tony ,
I looking for more info too , we about to head that way in a week or so .
I emailed a few people but so far no info is forcoming .
I personally haven't heard any more then what the one person reported earlier in the year .

Hi Vic, from the previous thread, this post is probably the most relevant... http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?457098-Siracusa-fines&p=5713695#post5713695. If you cant/dont get in touch with the HM/CG on entry then anchoring in 'Area B', even if inconvenient, is likely to be the safest bet until you can suss out whats going on on the ground.

sailaboutvic

Visit site

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Update
No problem , we just anchored in the bay after trying to call them up without any luck , next day the CG arrived ask for boat papers as they have always have done in the pass , after about 30 mins the papers where return , only thing different this time is they give me a form to sign that said that had check my papers and didn't cause any damage to my property .
From then on we never seen them again .
The quay now is usable , so I understand you can stay on it for some days without any charge ,

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Vic, I wonder if that form confirming no damage has come about after they (Italian CG) collided with Miyagi Moon with resulting costs being over £9k.

When was that Albert?
It also had all our details on it .
There where other boat there and no one add any problem , the few that did get I touch with the harbour Master said he was very help ful and no one was told where to anchor , only it was ok to anchor .
We also found the CG to be friendly and helpful given us an up date on any weather that was coming our way .

miyagimoon

www.facebook.com
September last year. It was in Pozolla, they came alongside to check our papers. Got it all wrong, managed to get our davit through their guardrail, powered forward and Opps. Total cost for new davits etc £9k.