Surveyor in Estonia

NBs

Visit site
Hi,

I live in Finland and the culture in neighbouring countries is the same, here they don't use an outside inspector, they use themselves or knowledgeable friends to help inspect the boat,

tThat's why you may not be able to find a professional to do the inspection.

I have personally inspected my own boats when I bought them, it takes tedious work to crawl around and examine all the things and do a sea trial.

I bought my current boat in Germany, where I flew in for a check-up, the return trip I made in the boat I bought, carrying tools, a few critical spare parts and the trip went fine, after a thorough boat survey in the yard and several hours of sea trials, thinking everything should be fine for the abou 600nm trip home.

Refueler

Visit site
@Refueler often posts on the PBO and the Yachting Monthly forums here - he lives in Latvia, and he might be able to offer a suggestion for a surveyor in Estonia perhaps?
Or somebody in Latvia if the travelling distance is not too far?

Wondered when someone might mention me !! I used to do yacht Surveys ... mainly in UK and also to source yachts for 'clients' ... but later reduced this to have maximum time with family when visiting UK ... I was finding referrals were eating up the limited time I spent in UK.

Here in Baltics - as "NBs" says - most people here inspect themselves or have knowledgable friends along with them to crawl around the boats ...

I did some time ago offer services here - but there was only an odd enquiry every few months or so. The system here seems far more relaxed .. ie when I bought the Conqubin 38cr .... when I approached for full Insurance cover - I just answered a few questions and cover was issued. No surveys. I didn't even mention I was a Marine Surveyor !!

Do I know of any Yacht Surveyor in Estonia ? No I don't - sorry .... TBH - I have never heard of any there - I suppose there must be somewhere - most likely around Pirita (Tallinn). There are plenty of Marine Surveyors - but they are Ships / cargoes / Terminals and have no experience of yachts.

It may be worth contacting the Yacht Club in Pirita .... Yacht Club

They may be able to assist .....