Stupid - hit breakwater stones ...

Refueler

Visit site
Good job....so, why didn’t you take advantage of the situation and fit a center keel ?

Jokes apart .. that would destroy the advantage that boat has ... she draws 95cms ... and that allows me to navigate serious distance upriver from home ...

When I used her to cruise across Baltic into Stockholm Archipelago - I could use the narrow shallow channels between islands that the fin boys daren't think about. Often getting me to popular locations before the Fin boys !

Superanne will spend her life now in the river ... a wide deep river with small islands upriver ... I will have abut 30 - 40km's to play in ...

Bouba

Visit site
Jokes apart .. that would destroy the advantage that boat has ... she draws 95cms ... and that allows me to navigate serious distance upriver from home ...

When I used her to cruise across Baltic into Stockholm Archipelago - I could use the narrow shallow channels between islands that the fin boys daren't think about. Often getting me to popular locations before the Fin boys !

Superanne will spend her life now in the river ... a wide deep river with small islands upriver ... I will have abut 30 - 40km's to play in ...
I thought this whole episode began with sailing too close to shore🤷‍♂️🤔😜....I’m only joking 😂🤣😂
Looking good👍👍👍

Refueler

Visit site
The cabin furniture ................ original is a single longitudinal face sheet to the galley stbd side ...

ALVTBXTl.jpg

USOu62Ll.jpg

0vuHIral.jpg

I have cut the replacement but now considering to split it up into sections. To install vertical wood battens to create the main supports .. then ply sections screwed to create the cupboards .. facing etc. All joints with contrast beading. Reason being that despite my ability to build intricate working models - when it comes to large objects my cutting skill is lacking ... I end up with not so straight cuts !!

Refueler

Visit site
Weather forecast for next days is not good - but there are gaps ... so today - look out window ... check forecast ... call my mate ...

Get in mini truck and off to harbour. Need to drop mast and then lift / centre on the boat ready for truck next week to transport boat home.

Boom off .... A frame bolted up and spinnaker halyard made fast ... mainsheets made fast to underside of A frame using spinnaker sheet tail, bottom sheet block to stemhead fitting.

About to start letting of shrouds and stays ... heavens opened up !!

Climb down off boat - get in truck ...

Sitting there chatting ... I'm thinking - why are my legs getting more wet ??? Previous owner of the vtruck replaced the windscreen and the glued joint has failed along the top somewhere .... I had given it a shot of Capt Tolleys a while back ... but not all along ...

Plan is to return and finish tomorrow !!

I hate getting wet ................

rogerthebodger

Visit site
The advantage of where I live is that in our winter, we gat NO RAIN. I summer we do get rain, but it tends to be short sharp showers, so it just belts down then stops and the sun comes out and it dries up.

Quite different when I was fixing up my boat in the UK when the first thing, I had to do was sweep the snow of the deck so I could start work

Refueler

Visit site
OK .. little bit windy but at least not bl***y raining !

A frame has lowered mast ... and now to centre mast on boat ready for truck next week.

QAUK0Esl.jpg

Here you can see the overhang of the mast - not good for transport OR the mast ... that's a lot of weight on that Y frame at stern.

ZPZq6f1l.jpg

Hiab is on - but instead of using the raise / lower of the Hiab jib - it has a 1T winch and cable I can run via the end hook - leaving the jib at height / position ...

fqkfKhml.jpg

Mast now in position ... tidy up and go home !!

1ZH3fHRl.jpg

Someone asked the weight of their mast ... think it was a 27ft boat ? That mast on my 25ft is I believe originally from something like a Colvic 26 or similar .. boat was Home Completed ... Its heavy ... when we centred on boat before with two people ... myself and a younger strong lad - we had to do it stages ... with three people we did it in one.
My Hiab at the max extension seen above has a limit of 330kgs ... and I can report that the hydraulics sound and truck made it plain - the weight was not 100kgs as someone suggested to that questioner ! It was easily over 200kgs ... judging by the Hiab ... when I lift it again - I will try remember to meter the weight ...
Yes - I know - it also included all furling gear and halyards etc.