Studland Eco moorings will cost you this year

lustyd

Visit site
While I can understand some people not being bothered by this or not understanding what’s gone on, I find it intriguing how much time and energy you’re putting in to convincing us it’s not a bad thing that we’ve lost this incredible anchorage to bad science and lies.

What’s your angle here?

Bristolfashion

Visit site
While I can understand some people not being bothered by this or not understanding what’s gone on, I find it intriguing how much time and energy you’re putting in to convincing us it’s not a bad thing that we’ve lost this incredible anchorage to bad science and lies.

What’s your angle here?
Between 10° and 20° in a fair wind!😊

When you say "lost" you mean "can anchor there if I want to" right? After all, there were a few boats anchored there when I visited a couple of days ago.

Bristolfashion

Visit site

What’s your angle here?
P.s. it's nice I grant you, but in the terms of the UK coast, not incredible. IMHO of course.

lustyd

Visit site
Between 10° and 20° in a fair wind!😊

When you say "lost" you mean "can anchor there if I want to" right? After all, there were a few boats anchored there when I visited a couple of days ago.
No by lost I mean it’s now impossible to anchor there because they extended the mooring field to fill it.

Lodestone

Visit site
Presumably the National Trust grabbed the anchoring in Newtown Creek at some time, installed their moorings and now fleece visitors £24 a pop. There seems to be no reason to have done this other than commerce - but no widespread wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The replacement of part of a free anchoring facility by a free (if you choose) mooring facility seems trivial by comparison.
You can still anchor in Newtown and as it isn't a statutory harbour politely decline the tip box.

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Why are you bothered about this?
I was going to give a flippant reply, but .....

Without arguing about Studland specifically AGAIN, I'm generally sad that nature takes such a back seat to human needs, desires and greed. Suggest holding up any "development" of any kind to protect nature is greeted with howls of protest, suggest inconveniencing humans in even the tiniest way and those same howls appear.

The odd experiment to improve nature won't work - but that is a drop compared to the destruction going on.

"Yesterday (28/9/23) saw the publication of the fourth State of Nature (SON) Report, the product of a collaboration of environmental NGOs, academic institutions and government agencies, including Natural England. The report provides the most comprehensive overview ever of species trends across the UK, including specific assessments for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, and for the UK’s Overseas Territories. Its conclusions are based on millions of records collected by thousands of volunteer ‘citizen scientists’ spanning terrestrial, freshwater and marine species.

The report makes compelling reading. It lays bare the stark fact that nature is still seriously declining across the UK, a country that is already one of the most nature-depleted in the world. The data show that since 1970 UK species have declined by about 19% on average, and nearly 1 in 6 species (16.1%) are now threatened with extinction. This is a timely reminder, if we needed it, that the nature crisis isn’t restricted to far-off places like the Amazon or Great Barrier Reef. It is right here, on our doorstep. We are losing familiar wildlife that we cherish including the hazel dormouse and skylark."

lustyd

Visit site
Wow you just won't let this go, you must have some vested interest here. If so could you please declare it so we can all understand where your position is coming from? It's really not usual to fight against freedom and science, especially with this level of furvor, although I guess you could just be trolling.

Lodestone

Visit site
I was going to give a flippant reply, but .....

Without arguing about Studland specifically AGAIN, I'm generally sad that nature takes such a back seat to human needs, desires and greed. Suggest holding up any "development" of any kind to protect nature is greeted with howls of protest, suggest inconveniencing humans in even the tiniest way and those same howls appear.

The odd experiment to improve nature won't work - but that is a drop compared to the destruction going on.

"Yesterday (28/9/23) saw the publication of the fourth State of Nature (SON) Report, the product of a collaboration of environmental NGOs, academic institutions and government agencies, including Natural England. The report provides the most comprehensive overview ever of species trends across the UK, including specific assessments for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, and for the UK’s Overseas Territories. Its conclusions are based on millions of records collected by thousands of volunteer ‘citizen scientists’ spanning terrestrial, freshwater and marine species.

The report makes compelling reading. It lays bare the stark fact that nature is still seriously declining across the UK, a country that is already one of the most nature-depleted in the world. The data show that since 1970 UK species have declined by about 19% on average, and nearly 1 in 6 species (16.1%) are now threatened with extinction. This is a timely reminder, if we needed it, that the nature crisis isn’t restricted to far-off places like the Amazon or Great Barrier Reef. It is right here, on our doorstep. We are losing familiar wildlife that we cherish including the hazel dormouse and skylark."
"I was going to give a flippant reply, but ....."

Surely not....vexatious maybe, but I'd never have expected flippant.;)

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Wow you just won't let this go, you must have some vested interest here. If so could you please declare it so we can all understand where your position is coming from? It's really not usual to fight against freedom and science, especially with this level of furvor, although I guess you could just be trolling.
What a silly post!

Do you think I'm a manufacturer of the boingy thingies used in eco moorings or something?

lustyd

Visit site
Do you think I'm a manufacturer of the boingy thingies used in eco moorings or something?
Could be, or you could be looking for funding at University for more dodgy science. You could have a vested interest in the carbon offsetting.

Or you're a troll.

The one thing I think is fairly clear is that you're not being genuine in the thread.