Stone point - walton etc

Sniper

Visit site
We went in and out (1.6 metre draught) a couple of weeks ago without any bother at all. We didn't experience any ferocious cross currents nor sudden changes in depth. The dog leg at stone point is interesting but not difficult. If you are going in to Titchmarsh, the advice is that if you have enough water to clear the cill then you will be fine through the channel (obviously this is only useful as you leave the marina!)

nortada

Visit site
Just back from Lagos, where less than 20meters under us is cause for concern, good to hear that the Walton Channel is wide open.

I have now spoken with some of the locals who regularly use the Channel and they report it as all now stable and as there has been no change since last autumn, it is unlikely to be dredged in the near future.

Understand that there is a new red 4a to clarify the channel.

Will investigate over the next day or so.

Thanks to all.

nortada

Visit site
Just caught dawn at Stone Point, truly one of God's Acres.

Going to play around at low tide and will advise results.

Life is good.

Last edited:

dualin

Visit site
Went through the whole thing from Pye end bout Thursday eve at low tide just for more excitement value , this are my findings ----- there is now more water at stone point Bouys than down the main Chanel I draw 4'6" and was close but did not touch at stone point I saw a constant 2" under my keel minimum it's all go always has been . But there again I like it quiet as it has been I am sure there will be mor rowlocks and scaremongering in the press?

Leighb

Visit site
We were there this week, it seemed less turbulent than I recall from last year, we entered against the ebb and left against the flood. Quite straightforward and easy to maintain the track between the buoys.

Mandarin331

Visit site
Been in and out a dozen times or so this year, needing 1.6m we normally allow 1 hr either side of lw on neeps and 2 hrs for springs, its pretty straightforward but strong currents, we came in against a strong spring ebb the other week and we reckoned it was running about 4.5 knots.