Steel stockist around Faro?

GHA

Visit site
Looking for some mild steel, flat bar mainly, maybe some cut plate. Anyone know of a stockist around Faro?
Ideally pre shot blasted .

Found Inox already but they just do stainless, no mild steel.

Thanx!

DownWest

Visit site
I used to use the place in Patacao, before Portimao. Just after the rail bridge on the old road.
But, just looked in my old phone book and Metalofarense is in Faro and Todometal in Olhao.
DW

(might be a bit out of date :eek:)

GHA

Visit site
I used to use the place in Patacao, before Portimao. Just after the rail bridge on the old road.
But, just looked in my old phone book and Metalofarense is in Faro and Todometal in Olhao.
DW

(might be a bit out of date :eek:)

Thanks!

That was quick :cool:

Cycled past Metalofarense but looked like it was more trunking and the like, I'll go have a chat.

Todometal looks hopeful, thanks again.

DownWest

Visit site
Mental moment!! Patacao is near Faro, I was thinking of Parchal and the outfit is Chagas. Bought huge amounts of stuff off them and they used to have a cut off saw to make stuff more transportable. Bit of a hike on your bike tho...

maxi77

Visit site
Thanks!

That was quick :cool:

Cycled past Metalofarense but looked like it was more trunking and the like, I'll go have a chat.

Todometal looks hopeful, thanks again.

Regularly see their rebar truck out on deliveries. Also there are jobbing blacksmiths all over

GHA

Visit site
Mental moment!! Patacao is near Faro, I was thinking of Parchal and the outfit is Chagas. Bought huge amounts of stuff off them and they used to have a cut off saw to make stuff more transportable. Bit of a hike on your bike tho...
Cheers, found some flat bar over in Olhao today, Jose America down near the boatyards -
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@37.0...4!1sHywG3V_Zvwk-z-ByK5VqOQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Looks like they kick out some really nice architectural work and were happy enough to sell me some 100 x 8 flat.

There's a stainless fabricator down there as well came with references, I'll post a link for anyone ending up here via google.
No luck getting anything with the mill scale shot blasted off but hey ho :)

Better get a move on while a hire car is still a euro a day...

Visit site
2nd Jan rings a bell, I'll check . Closed early as there are some random Portuguese holidays thrown in, so would have been short weeks anyway.

Today is a holiday as is a week today.
Patacão is near Faro and there used to be a metal working place there on the 125.

GHA

Visit site
Reviving this -- don't suppose anyone knows a back street fabricator in Faro could cut/weld some steel plate to size? Plenty in Olhao but would be handy to find a little local place. Ta