STARBOAAAAAAARD!

Dyflin

Visit site
Noooooooooooooooooo, was out all day long and the wind dropped long before my alternation and I ran her well aground. Limping off out again at the back of the fleet.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
Don't know how you keep finding me. I've looked for you, but too many boats.

I'm going to take a gamble and carry on as I am, as been experimenting with various VMG's and speeds using the cursor, and I seem to have the best compromise for now unless I head more south again.

samwestwood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Noooooooooooooooooo, was out all day long and the wind dropped long before my alternation and I ran her well aground. Limping off out again at the back of the fleet.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You planning on sailing through africa???

Dipper

Visit site
Doing well. It's a pity he isn't flying the ybw burgee.

It's been a bit of a lottery. I thought at one stage the northerly boats (like me) were going to be favoured. Now it looks as though the smart ones (like you!) are down south. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm not so sure now. Things may be looking up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Abestea

Visit site
I have to agree with you. The wind does not favour those to the south. I am trying to hold as high as possible so i dont have any problems. Then i will have to worry about setting a course for a bit of sleep.

Dipper

Visit site
You may find you are in a much better position than you realise. Don't lose it by going too far South.

Of course the wind will not work out as predicted and you will then find yourself well and truly stuffed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, if you are North of the Straits as you approach, it will be easier to set a course straight through.

BrendanS

Visit site
That was my original reasoning behind going North, but I think I've overcooked it. Fingers crossed, and we'll see what happens with the winds.

fireball

Visit site
I've been slowly making my way through the ranks this afternoon .... started off at 270, now around 213 ... of course the wind is now going to drop and go further south, so I'll be slowly making my way back north as Brendan powers down from the north!

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dipper

Visit site
Has the crew on that boat called Jimmi to the North of you been drinking heavily. Look at his track. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
Must have left autopilot on true wind angle. If you look at the boat Al, to Jimmmi's stern has a remarkably similar track. Jimmmi was well up the leaderboard last night, and now has dropped back even worse than than me.