ST60 speed calibration

marchhare

Visit site
ST60 speed, and subsequently log, is under reading by approx 30%. Have attempted to calibrate, don't want to read SOG, have that on chartplotter, but unsucessful. When get to CAL state and press press either on the buttons to increase or decrease all I get is option of 0.1 or 0.01. Don't unerstand, any help please?

Pye_End

Visit site
ST60 speed, and subsequently log, is under reading by approx 30%. Have attempted to calibrate, don't want to read SOG, have that on chartplotter, but unsucessful. When get to CAL state and press press either on the buttons to increase or decrease all I get is option of 0.1 or 0.01. Don't unerstand, any help please?

The set to SOG option is so that you can callibrate the log at say slack water to SOG. This then sets the callibration factor and is then hopefully correct for a true log reading. The .01 .1 I think is just the resolution on the display, and you need to press speed (twice) to get to the callibration page.

Birdseye

Visit site
Best way is to adjust to SOG in a slack tide if you have SOG on the seatalk bus. Just press and hold the reset key for 3 secs

Alt press timer and reset together to get the cal factoradjust screen. Then adjust either by 10% ( ie 0.1) or by 1%(ie 0.01)

sailorman

Visit site

this is read-out options to 1 or 2 decimal places only
see #4