SSR (Small Ships Register)

G

Could anyone please give an 'idiots guide' on why you would want to register with the Small Ships Register, how you would register, where you would register, what you get when you register and what you have to do when you have registered (e.g. annual fee, show a number on boat e.t.c.)

Thanks in advance,

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>SSR Is desirable for many reasons certainly too many to list here. I suggest you put in a search for "small ships registry" on Google and read up what you find. I think the RYA have a section on the subject but you will need to be a member to access that part of their website.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

hlb

RIP
Visit site
You dont need SSR. It's a complete micky mouse piece of paper from the guild of sea men (or whatever there called.) For some strange reason, the french love it and ask for it some times. But if your not going there, why bother. I've got two spare SSR's if you want one.Other than that you can ring the sea men lot and get a form. Fill it in and get a certificate for a tenner. Or like I did. Two for a tenner. As much use as a chocalate fire guard!!

<font color=blue> Haydn

Blue_Blazes

Visit site
Agree with previous posters. Mostly needed if going to France, but tenner is a small price to pay if it saves having your pride and joy taken to bits by officious French customs officers, and spending half your day out answering their questions.

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Haydn, think carefully about this. If Grumpy1 is invited to join the Royal Yacht Squadron he will need at the very least an SSR to be able to get a warrant to fly the White Ensign. Would you deny him that just because you and I will never be asked to join.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

banus

Visit site
you MUST have a reg of some sort fro Spain ssr is much cheaper than the Spanish because they want all sorts of money for stuff otherwise

Other threads that may be of interest