square mile debate

yelbis

Visit site
Please advise if there are many others who are being charged by square mile for wifi in your marina, when the service is not there anymore. I am in Brighton. I have told them to stuff it months ago due to the service being unusable. They are chasing me for the last three months fees, they are also refusing to cancell my su bscription even though the service ceased at Brighton over one month ago.

Does anyone want to collectively fight back.
Is anyone going to pay for a poor service
Has anyone had any joy with the service at any marina

Noddy

Visit site
I don't use marinas if I can help it, but I would like to offer you my support for telling them to 'stuff it' when they are plainly charging you for a poor / undelivered service.

Thats real consumer power that is.

"Power to the People!"

All together now ... "We'll keep the red flag flying ....."

Flossdog

Visit site
They did send an email to me in mid March offering to cancel if I replied by March 31st since they lost the Premier Marinas' contract. As I sometimes use another Marina I didn't cancel. Did you not get this email?

rwakeham

Visit site
I think we have all had the same letter - I started a post on the Lounge at the beginning of the week - lots of similar responses. I have just sent my response to them by recorded delivery, including copies of emails and prints from their site.

No good emailing them, or phoning them - I included something saying that unless they came back within 7 days then the matter was closed.

The email about them loosing Brighton, said that if you cancelled a fixed term contact they would recalculate your charges to date based on 20 pence a minute - rather outrageous.

I think they are not long for this world - I checked their accounts and annual return (which is overdue) at companies house.

Incidently for reasons of stupidity I ended up with two accounts with them - I have managed to get one of them cancelled already....

bjames1955

Visit site
I had Sq mile when I was at southsea marina 2 years ago. All was well till I left. I did email and cancel my subs. this I did twice. I was then charged for the next 3 months having my debit card charged. I emailed several more times demanding a rebate but no reply(or rebate!) I had to change my card in the end so no more payments could be taken.