Soltron

Moose

Visit site
Ha Ha, I bought some Soltron at the Fueling berth in Cowes on Sunday, but I did not put any in because I could not work the dosage while filling the tanks up. My tanks are 454 litres each. So how much to put in? and does it need to be put in a new batch of diesel?
P.S Diesel was 25p/l
SOLTRON WAS £8 for miniscule bottle!!!
P.S (2) i've put 2 piccys on the piccy park
Moose

I'VE GOT A BOAT!!!
WHOOPEE!!!!!!!!!!

G

PM Depsol for quants

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)

tcm

Visit site
You put the lot in, and buy some more. For as long as there are no problems, you continue to say how fab the soltron is. If there are any smoky or similar problems, you put even more in, unless the engine conclusively blows up er like er, well it hardly ever happens anyway, ahem.

G

Re: Moose

Where can I find the pics ?

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Ah but if you get the Soltron from Dom. It comes in a special bottle with a measuring thingy at the top. All very simple. Forget the dose but it's only small.

<font color=red> No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Haydn

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Ah but if you get the Soltron from Dom. It comes in a special bottle with a measuring thingy at the top. All very simple. Forget the dose but it's only very small.

Haydn

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
First dose is one part to 2500, after the first dose its i part to 5000.

There was a time, back in the middle ages, when even mentionining the word Soltron on this forum would have had the posse after you!

How times have changed:)

Paul

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Much easyer with doms little bottle. It's one little thingy to fifty gallons. Dont have to carry loads of scientific measuring instroments on boat. Like buckets and thimbles!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Haydn

DepSol

Visit site
Measuring cap bottles are indigenous (sp) to the Channel Islands by the way.

Put it in when tanks are near full. Base it on the fact that 10ml Soltron treats 50 L of fuel.

Dom

I am boating again ;-)

Geoffs

Visit site
The 500ml bottle I got from Christchurch had a measuring cap with it, until I ran over it in the car! Now I use the measuring cap from a bottle of weedkiller, I've got no nettles or thistles in my fuel/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Old Chinese proverb 'Man who sail boat into rice field, soon get into paddy'

hlb

RIP
Visit site
It will mix if you go out in the stuff I finnish up in. They say,Put it in first, but I have not found it makes much difference, still worked. Soon gets sloshed around anyway and even if it dont. It will be in the right place for the next fill up!!

Haydn

DepSol

Visit site
It will mix in but if you do it before you fill up it gets mixed in a little bit quicker.

Just to highlight the fact that Soltron is an enzyme and works totally differently to a biocide where as it kills the bugs then the left overs disintegrate into micron sized particles under pressure of the fuel being pushed against the filter and they end up getting burnt with the fuel so totally clean and dispose of all the sludge and bug in your tank.

Dom

I am boating again ;-)

Geoffs

Visit site
But my car doesn't

As per posts long, long ago, have seen benefits in car, and tried it on petrol boat, with benefits, better economy and smoother running, idling and starting. But we won't start all that up again, eh Dom?

Old Chinese proverb 'Man who sail boat into rice field, soon get into paddy'

duncan

Visit site
hmmm.you will be recomending Soltron for the BBQ next - I can see it coming - faster ignition, better burning,reduces smoke, flames and improves the flavour of the steak (whoops I mean sausages)....