SolentMaster

jimi

Visit site
this of course is an anagram and we get a prize for the best one.

I go for

Matts Reels on

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ohdrat

Visit site
mmm I think there should be something about a minimum content for ones holding tank

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Not available as a correspondence course

No way you can do it in Scotland. The final part of the test involves tacking out of the Hamble at 1700 on a sunny summer Sunday. You fail unless you put at least two Sunseekers and a Princess on the bank. Combined footage of mobos must exceed 150 feet.

You can be excused this test if you have ever hit the Cowes chain ferry, but this must be verifed by a nortarised cutting from the Isle of Wight Press.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>

claymore

Visit site
Re: Not available as a correspondence course

You see, this is the problem - here am I wanting to better myself and the rules wont let me. Who devises thses rules anyway and I thought this was supposed to encourage participation - not make it more difficult.
Time for another Rod Carr session I think.
Harrummph

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Evadne

Visit site
Why not ...

institute a celtic qualification, "LochMaster ", with the higher award of "LochMaster O'Shaun" for those who manage to across the Irish sea? To include other Celtic nations you would add further embellishments like "Lochmaster O'Shaun and Bach" for the Welsh.
Requirements would include advanced rock hitting, blind malt tasting, holding tank maintainence and a minimum of sixteen square inches of midge-bites per season.

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Dave_White on 02/07/2003 09:32 (server time).</FONT></P>

MADFISH

Visit site

I see no reason why the RYA cannot make it into a correspondence course. The best format would be in the form of a computer simulation prehaps called Microsoft Solentsim2000. Someone tell Bill Gates......

<hr width=100% size=1>

andyball

Visit site

If you get shouted at by a ferry/ship....is that a commercial endorsement? or do you still need to do the survival course?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Survival endorsement

Survival course consists of using C16 to pass a distress message along the lines.

"Hello, hello, this Plonker of Portsmouth, we have run out of fuel in the middle of the Solent. Help please"

"Plonker this is Solent Coastguard, what is your position, over?"

"Managing Director of an estate agency in Pinner".'

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Position?

Like when the AerLingus pilot contacted the air traffic controller because he was lost in fog. The ATC asked for his height and position, to which the pilot replied that he was 5ft 8ins and sat at the front of the plane!

<hr width=100% size=1>