So what happens now?

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Plan so far

I've been raising these issues at the meetings I have been attending, which in turn has raised the profile of this particular problem with the RYA Cruising Manager and put it back on the agenda there. The magazine editors are aware also.

When I have a definitive on the way in which a more effective lobby might be put together I'll place details back on here. It's not going to be easy to get any movement on the arch enemies of discarded net and 5lt plastic drum markers...but that is not to say we should stay silent about them. Also perhaps there is some value in exchanging pot hot spots? Some of them do shift around from season to season.

Sad to say (or perhaps relieved to say if it means not so much of an issue as first thought) there have been very few accounts of steel traces used. I think if it emerged that steel traces were becoming more commonplace it would be easier to generate some noise about these issues in the right places. For that reason I propose to keep this section open for another season as well as to start providing some links from it to the most appropriate reporting bodies. Should have done this by now but got a bit snowed...it's on my list of to dos.

<hr width=100% size=1>