So much for Border Farce

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Many still do and and have been since 2020 no one does give a f@@ k,
its only when you start running around asking where to I go to check in that people have to do their job.
As for what this thread all about,
I'm dump stuck that the OP reported the French boat,
He need to get himself a life.

Frogmogman

Visit site
Topcat -arrive at cherbourg after 6pm local time and sail with the tide before 9 the next morning and life will not change for you I’m sure.
…..not forgetting to switch off your AIS once you’re through the shipping lanes.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
…..not forgetting to switch off your AIS once you’re through the shipping lanes.
Because of those 'naughty' English a long time ago the French Navy runs a system of 'Semaphore Stations'. Their only purpose is to monitor everything along the coast, by VHF, AIS, Radar, some stuff they would not let me see on a holiday visit and a scarly big set of binoculars; I was reading 1 metre boat names at 10nm! They are very aware what is bobbing about in the oggin! Hearing Falmouth CG on Channel 0 at a distance of over 100nm was an eye opener and a clue about what the military are capable of.

Frogmogman

Visit site
Because of those 'naughty' English a long time ago the French Navy runs a system of 'Semaphore Stations'. Their only purpose is to monitor everything along the coast, by VHF, AIS, Radar, some stuff they would not let me see on a holiday visit and a scarly big set of binoculars; I was reading 1 metre boat names at 10nm! They are very aware what is bobbing about in the oggin! Hearing Falmouth CG on Channel 0 at a distance of over 100nm was an eye opener and a clue about what the military are capable of.
Not just to keep an eye on visitors from perfidious Albion. The semaphores also keep a close eye on what French fishing boats are up to.

dunedin

Visit site
Many still do and and have been since 2020 no one does give a f@@ k,
its only when you start running around asking where to I go to check in that people have to do their job.
As for what this thread all about,
I'm dump stuck that the OP reported the French boat,
He need to get himself a life.
Until they get caught, and suddenly are looking for local lawyers to defend against serious charges (as at least a handful of yachting folk now are)

awol

Visit site
I happen to be proud of being British.( for all our failings). So I would not even countenance that one.
And I'm sure all those from Little Britain are proud of you as well! I was chatting to some very nice Frenchmen who had sailed to the UK via Ireland without let or hindrance - we seemed to have similar views on the idiocy of their northern and our southern neighbours.

capnsensible

Visit site
Interesting thread. It seems to me that the crux of it is that some wilful people are moaning that they are now required to do something fairly trivial that they didn't have to do before for reasons they don't agree with.

Please be assured that in the days of electronic comms being so easy, it is amazingly simple to conform. Much better than queuing in offices all over the world with officials of all kinds of ability, interest and difficulty. Been there, done that and I will never consider myself so precious that I won't conform to a nation states immigration rules because I'm too important.

Goes with the territory...... :)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Us Brits are always moaning about something ,
if we can't find some thing to moan about , we just not happy and got to find something, which probably why the OP picked up the phone and reported the French yachtmens .

We cruising the Netherlands at the moment and everyone we came across have gone out of their way to make us welcome, even the two times we was approached by water police to tell us off for not having a anchor ball up they did it in a very nice way.

Something just hit me , both times we did see a British boat go by.
I wonder if it was the same guy who reported the French yachtsman reported me.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Until they get caught, and suddenly are looking for local lawyers to defend against serious charges (as at least a handful of yachting folk now are)
Surly you can't think this is something that just happen since the UK left the EU .
Third world yachtmen and women have been finding ways to extend their cruising time in Europe as long as we been cruising.
I'm interested in the hand full of yachtmens who had to employ lawyers,
Please supply a link where you seen the info.
Personally I know many who over stay their time,
one US family 3 years and Canada couple two years this will be their third year and many more including British now .
Never heard any one getting ban from the EU or boat impound,
Believe me if it happen it be flooding the crusing world like no to morrow.
The once I know of that have been caught have been told to leave the EU immediately and not return till they outstay time limit was up.

Anyone here who thinks it's a few brits who are changing there luck are very much mistaken. ?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I wouldnt know after reading this thread .
I think you been better off not starting this thread ,
sorry to say its not given you a good reputation with others here.
Your probably a very nice guy on land ,
But it's give me an impression and probably others too that keeping away from you is best .
You posted that you planning to lead a group of boats to Netherlands I just hope they don't read this thread.
Maybe you could make amend by buying every French skipper you meet for the rest of the year a beer . ?

BoatBouy

Visit site
While I have always complied with the requirements, even doing the C1331 to and from the Channel Islands which most seemed to ignore, why is there such a desire to poke one’s nose into other’s business.

If folk want to play fast and loose with the rules that is their prerogative. Just bear in mind that if you play stupid games you might win stupid prizes. So long as people don’t wail if or when they get caught by officialdom let them get on with it.

fontmell

Visit site
Just spent 9 weeks sailing Brittany and back. Can Name and shame 4 boats
1 totally unaware of any need to check out uk or into france
The other 3 just ignoring the whole thing
As an aside we were questioned by border police in Brest simple are your passports stamped didn’t ask to see them

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I get the feeling some who post here live in a different world ,
There hundreds of cruisers who just get on with it ,
It's a bit like cruising who have pets on board ,
How many do people think hire pet transport to bring them back to the UK?
How many leave their boat in a marina and hire a car to drive them back ?
I can tell you hardly any .
We cruised with a cat and a dog for 11 years before they pass away and out of the whole of Europe , North Africa and Turkey other them Malta no one was interested.
I never heard anyone reporting anyone or admin they have ,
if any thing its normally for cruisers to advise each other places not to go as the PP can be hot .