So much for Border Farce

oldgit

Visit site
Several of our club have been across to the Nederlands.
They did their best to comply with the rather predicable results of the the "Taking back control of our borders" farce, details no doubt written on the other side of a bus.
The were met with courtesy and mostly laissez - fair indifference where ever they went.
One boat was actually asked for their insurance paperwork and the skipper stated the official was hard to get rid off, simply due to the chap wanted somebody to talk too.
On return, the usual UK shambles of various phone calls being made regards when the the yellow flag could be taken down and politely being told thanks for your call please go away and alternatively simply no reponse.
No drugs, animals or people seeking better life were bought in to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland during these trips. :)

BoatBouy

Visit site
So if people want to smuggle drugs that is OK. Just let them get on with it is your solution

Selectively quoting out of context. Poor form. I think it is clear I was talking about completing border formalities when I wrote about completing the C1331 above. I do comply with those formalities and don’t want the stress of being caught out.

If others want to cross that channel as pre B****t without doing so, I’m not going to go telling on them. If they get caught and fined or entry banned for a period that’s on their head.

Since you mention smuggling I think it is likely that almost all contraband that is intercepted is from intelligence leads. GCHQ do commutations intercepts of organised crime gangs. They probably know the boat they are looking for before the miscreants have even left the Caribbean.

This is a much better use of limited Border Force resources than running around chasing after every visiting yachtie to see if they have filled in all the requisite paperwork.

I am seeing plenty of European yachts out here in Scilly and I’m not going around inquiring if they’ve done their paperwork properly. Relax and go do some sailing. :cool: