Slipways East of Grenwich?

Double arvor

Visit site
hi
there used to be 1 at north woolwich, not far from the woolwich ferry , but that was 11 yrs ago , or not to sure if public can use one at the isle of dogs rowing club , by the foot tunnel. hope this helps.

Ramage

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hi
not to sure if public can use one at the isle of dogs rowing club , by the foot tunnel. hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is where the finish line is... the raceboats come out there. I guess you could recover from there once all the raceboats were done.

BrendanS

Visit site
Have a look at
http://www.boatlaunch.co.uk/

Zoom down to Thames, then wait a little for slipway icons to appear (takes a little while if you have been dragging map around) then click on icons for more info. East of GYC is Bargehouse Causeway,

eg
Greenwich Yacht Club
General information:

Long: 0.019389
Lat: 51.494741

Region: East Anglia and Thames

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slipway information:

Phone Number: 020 8858 7339 - Club secretary

Ramp Description: The ramp is inside the Greenwich Yacht Club which has a locked gate. Non members are allowed to use the ramp but please phone beforehand. The ramp may not be accessible if there are boat movements taking place. The ramp is concrete over the mud and the bottom half is very shallow. Best to launch close to high tide, however many do launch boats at low states of tide (and live to tell the tale).
Directions: Situated on the east side of the Greenwich peninsula.
Ramp Type: Concrete
Upper Area: Shingle
Lower Area: Mud
Suitability: Large trailer needs a car
Ramp Length: 3/4 tidal
Facilities: Boatyard facilities. Excellent pontoon at the club and petrol etc. very close. Parking can be provided by arrangement with the club.
Charges: £15 approximately, includes parking.
Cruising Area: Thames
Navigational Hazards: Strong currents when the tide is running. The launch site is a short distance upstream from the Thames Barrier

Channel Ribs

www.alderneymarine.com
Thanks chaps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had tried GYC already but not been able to get hold of the sec. I shall be playing with that map for ages now Brendan, cheers. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Edit: I am liking Erith, have emailed the YC and there is also a free slipway as backup. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif And I get to play in the flood barrier!

Gavi

Visit site
PM sent - I think I can help

... yup, can get you somewhere at GYC but you need to check your PMs and call me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the_wanderer

Visit site
The slipway referred to in this post is at Bargehouse Road North Woolwich. I have used it on a number of occasions. The tide can be strong here so either at the top or bottom of the tide is advisable.
Take care! Trailers can go missing, cars can be driven down the slipway by the brats! Should be fine if you are around to take care of your gear.

And by the way, it's a freebee.

Regards.

Alan.

JonBrooks

www.yaesu.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
The 4.3m Quicksilver Heavy Inflatable, it has been tied up next to your inflatable bannana all day with 12" high lettering on the side and blue lights.

Discrete, I think they call it.

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No Martin,

Mine is the discrete one!!

Channel Ribs

www.alderneymarine.com
Too true, you should have taken her up to the Great River Race - you would have knocked the socks off all the flash harries and their [brand removed] RIBs. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your banana and the variety red Quicksilvers (aka the tomatoes) would have looked like a proper fruit bowl. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ramage

Visit site
A message from my kids (who were rowing in the race):

"Thank you to all the safety boats. It was very reassuring to have you there!".

I think the crew of the Dragonboat that sank near Tower Bridge would agree!

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif