Skirting wheels question

Boo2

Visit site
The other day on the way down to Langstone from Brighton I was close hauled almost all the way and had the genoa as far in as I could. I found that it persistently snagged on the middle stanchion top and I wondered whether fitting skirting wheels would help ? Anyone used these and have any comments ?

Ideally they'd need to stay positionen near to the stanchion as it's the top of that which catches, but I would naively expect them to slip down the lifelines to the middle where the sag is greatest, is that what actually happens ?

Which is the best type to buy ?

Thanks,

Boo2

knuterikt

Visit site
The other day on the way down to Langstone from Brighton I was close hauled almost all the way and had the genoa as far in as I could. I found that it persistently snagged on the middle stanchion top and I wondered whether fitting skirting wheels would help ? Anyone used these and have any comments ?

Ideally they'd need to stay positionen near to the stanchion as it's the top of that which catches, but I would naively expect them to slip down the lifelines to the middle where the sag is greatest, is that what actually happens ?

Which is the best type to buy ?

Thanks,

Boo2
works
placed at right side of stanchion it won't move past that.

lw395

Visit site
They at least help..
self amalgamating tape on the lifeline stops them sliding along.