Sirenia Sunk

FullCircle

Visit site
Well Clive, with the volunteered workforce, you could save the petrol, they could manhandle Sirenia in relay teams back to Cambridge.

Keep us up with the news on the survey, we are all hoping for the best.

Sixpence

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well Clive, with the volunteered workforce, you could save the petrol, <u>they</u> could manhandle Sirenia in relay teams back to Cambridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

There speaks the manager /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Chin up Clive, there's enough tools and manpower available so we could almost dismantle her, clean her up, then put her back together again now. As said, hope the news is good, keep us updated, travel arrangements being made in case they're needed.

spottydog

www.Eastern-Telephones.co.uk
Clive,

I'm very sad to hear of your dreadfull news, as with many others here on this forum if there is anything I can do to help just ask. I live a little closer to the Deben than yourself ( Norwich )
My skills are more electronic / electrical than boatbuilding, but of course willing to muck in with any practical help I can give.
Should you want a boat to use whilst Serenia is out of action you are very wellcome to have the use of my boat.

John.

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Clive,

Only just seen this thread and I haven't managed to read all of it. More than happy to help - - tied up this weekend but could manage a day next week if you need. PM me.

Really sorry to hear this. Robyn of Rochford took on water one night to just below the floor boards once following a mishap with the sea cocks and it was a very depressing experience.

Brian

EckMorton

Visit site
Just over two years ago my Colvic Sailer 29, Eilean, sunk in Troon Marina. I got a call from my wife when I was working in Amsterdam It was my worst nightmare!!!. The first thing to do is make sure you are seen to do everything in your power to limit the damage. The advice I got from a friendly surveyor was to act as though it was not insured at all. Don't take any crap off the insurance surveyor they are working as a loss adjuster to limit the insurance company's liability. Don't accept the first offer they make you whatever it is. I got an extra 850 out them just by saying no!!

I didn't want to part with Eilean at the time either and two years and hundreds of hours work she is almost finshed the big refit. New Engine; new electrics; new cushions; new everything and she's due to relaunch sometime in August.

If I can be of any specific hel[p please contact me on 07770 728077

Good luck Alex

CPD

Visit site
Clive, I am really so so sorry to hear about Sirenia. I am tied up in South East London now right through until I head to the Azores on Sunday. I will be back however early August and would really like to help you out and get her back to where she belongs asap. I will give you a call when I get back. Try to be positive, very hard I can imagine, but with all the help being offered, it'll come good I'm sure. Cheers, Alan.

Jomo

Visit site
Clive, Just back from a few days away and read this thread. Really bad news. Am stuck in Leicestershire for the next month, but I do a fair amount of travelling in the east mids, so can pick up & move stores if required.

reginaldon

Visit site
What a fine public spirited lot you Eastcoasters are! I should imagine that there are some HoorayHenrys around the Solent that would do well to take note.

FullCircle

Visit site
We are modest too, and couldn't possibly comment on our brethren in other areas....
After all, they may wish to come here sometime.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What a fine public spirited lot you Eastcoasters are! I should imagine that there are some HoorayHenrys around the Solent that would do well to take note.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been told that you get East Coast Sailors and South Coast Yachties. It is an ancient 'tradition of the sea' that any real sailor will always turn out to assist another in difficulty.

reginaldon

Visit site
I have been told that you get East Coast Sailors and South Coast Yachties. It is an ancient 'tradition of the sea' that any real sailor will always turn out to assist another in difficulty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started life on the NE coast, from a long line of sailors and fishermen, now live near the SE Corner, so I hope some rubbed off!

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
I imagine sailors are much the same all over. Possibly it is just that in areas of the south coast, the Solent, they have developed 'm25 itis' a disease that makes them behave whilst on the move as if they are rude and ignorant. When stationary in a Marina they are as charming as anywhere else.