Sirenia Sunk

Sixpence

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Will coordinate things with Clive

[/ QUOTE ]
As per PM Neil, Louise is working on an emergency contract so will need the car every day until that is done, but waders at the ready if I can scrounge a lift. If there is a mains supply nearby I have a mains powered gulper pump that can shift gallons in minutes, bought it to clear out an old MTB project that never got off the ground so it should do the job nicely, also have a manual bilge pump that's not yet fitted to Sixpence, just tested and it works. Anything else I can come up with, plus elbow grease where needed, all at the ready.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
it'll not need that Dave, just time and effort to clean her out and get Clive's belongings off as she'll be ashore by the time any of us can offer any assistance.

Let Clive sort out with his insurers what they want him to do, and we'll take it from there.... if he needs us, then there appears to be no lack of willing helpers, which is IMHO a grand endorsement of what we've all said over the last few weeks about this brilliant East Coast section.

As Guapa said, at least he's with an insurance company that have a good track record.

Chin up Clive.... there but for the grace of god.

sailorman

Visit site
if so you might be better pressing 4 Martin.
Terry surveyed J.B. pre purchase he done a good job but not good @ layout of report this caused probs with insurers regarding maintenence in due course or DO NOW /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
Martin has done a number of things for me & is much better @ report layout & very through /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
I to, like Dave (T25, Sixpence) have salvage equipment.

I have available a fully submersible salvage pump which will shift 3,000 plus gallons per hour, mains driven but do have up to 150metres of power lead so as to be able to connect to shore power.

I also have available a Karcher pressure washer, again mains powered if of any use?

If it is of any use, I could be down there this evening if required as I have a customer at Felixstowe Ferry and have built some equipment which could go up this evening?

bastonjock

Visit site
so so sorry buddy,what bad luck.If you need help,i could make sunday,I dont have any diving gear or id go down to her,if we can scrounge up the gear and you need a diver im here

dont know what else to say mate,really sorry

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
It is a horrible gut plunging feeling when you get a call like that. I had one a couple years ago, just for some damage. I couldn't get there fast enough. I am afraid that I can't give any more than remote, help, but I hope you can get her all sorted as soon as possible.

MrCramp

Visit site
Sorry to read this Clive. If you remember I talked to you last year on Ramsholt dock where my mate was scrubbing his Highlander 28 (a sligtly bigger version of your boat but same designer and similar keel and basic design).

His boat had been submerged in the Irish Sea for a couple of days 20 years ago and had been salvaged and restored to original condition. I understand it involved been put under cover and heating and dehumidifiers being used to dry the boat out.

I would agree with sailorman about useing Martin Evans. Even if your insurer appoints someone else I would ask Martin to come and look at the boat and give you a list of what he thinks should be done. He did a pre survey look at my boat and gave me an A4 hand written sheet of jobs to do and explained how I should do some of the jobs I was not familiar with. He then returned to look at my work in progress and gave further advice before completeing the survey. His fee was very reasonable considering all the time he put in.

In your shoes I would ask him to visit when you are present and give you his advice and stand the fee yourself. It would be worth it to me for the peace of mind.

Hope you get things sorted quickly. Good Luck.

davidfox

Visit site
Clive,
very sorry to hear the news, absolutely tragic, is it possible that the rope around the prop could have had anything to do with it?
Im sure it will turn out ok, at least its been recovered.
Best wishes
David and Maria

Marmalade

Visit site
Clive - what a rubbish piece of news to get. Hope she gets sorted asap and with minimum hassle. Please do shout if you need a hand with anything.

Simon

CliveG

Visit site
Thanks to every one for their support.

She has been dragged to a shallower part of the river and will be pumped out tomorrow at low tide and then moved to Felixtowe Ferry by the Boat Yard there.

Once ashore I can get a good look at her and find out what we can do to start sorting her out.

I think I would like to get her on her trailer and bring her home as soon as I can.
If there is no structural damage I am hoping that I can do that over the weekend.
I will post more tomorrow evening.

This all depends on what the surveyor has to say.

Sy-Revolution

Visit site
What a bummer. Sorry to hear it Clive!

Revolution went awol during those high winds/tide last winter, apparently she was just 3 meters from Bay buoy, in a 10 foot swell, when the Felixtowe volunteers, on their first patrol of the year, got to her and pulled her back to Pin Mill. I didn't know anything about it until three weeks after! My blood ran cold then I read the report. I can imagine how you're feeling!

I hope you get her sorted ok and that there's not too much damage..

mormargh

Visit site
Very sad to read this thread. I am one of the less frequent contributors in this section but in the unlikely event you experience trouble claiming, I would be happy to help out as insurance is my line (or is it life). GJW do have a good claims reputation as others have pointed out. For info, I was on the Trapper heading out as you were chatting to Morgana on Saturday lunchtime and Beyond Reason was mooring up with Sabre. I was also one of the drowned rats coming back in across the Pye Sands on Sunday lunchtime that a number of pirates passed heading home (including the classic yacht at Island Point).

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Clive

Very sad news but we all know that you can sort it out.

If you need it I can get hold of a petrol generator and have a small pressure washer and a domestic dehumidifier if you need them. Also have 2 arms, scrubbing brush, sponge and bucket even if the back is a bit dodgy at moment!

Have contacted Neil and await instructions for Sunday.

All the best

Peter

flipper

Visit site
Clive

Really sorry to hear your news. I cant offer any technical advice but count me in as another pair of hands if you need me. Also as we live near each other, give me a shout if you need any gear moving to/from Sirenia back to base.

Patrick

beancounter

Visit site
Clive,

just caught up with the forum - what awful news. All I can do is add my sincere best wishes for a successful outcome to the lift-out, and that the restoration work is not too drastic.

cheers

John