Simon

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
My MP is in correspondence with the treasury re the biodiesel issue. There seems to be some confusion re this matter & a copy of the letter you have from HMRC stating that bio will be taxed at the same rate as road fuel would be most helpful.

jparham

Visit site
I wrote to my MP on the duty rate hike on biodiesel and from HM Treasury I received the 'why the red diesel derogation is going away' letter. ONE SENTENCE mentions the reason for my contacting them in the first place: "The Government recognises that there are environmental benefits to using biodiesel in private pleasure craft, but any concession would need to be consistent with EU Law"
So what is EU law ref duty rate on biodiesel in pleasure craft, now and November 2008? Anyone know?

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Had the same. I suspect that there is a "bu99er what do I do now Dad" headless chicken problem. Especially as UK bio would be more expensive than Spansih dino and that, to our possible benefit, or the annoyance of millions of Spaniards, is a rather embarrassing situation for the politicos and their lets be green agenda.

cliff

Visit site
'Tis time to get out of the EU me thinks - and get rid of TB Liar and Co. at the same time.
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>