Silent blades for the Air X

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
[ QUOTE ]
I fancy attaching to my transom using two fixing points adequately spaced so as to avoid using struts which are never enhancing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I too use an anodised aluminium pole (domestic antenna suppliers) and at first without struts, but fixed firmly at the base and, higher up, to the pushpit. This was clearly insufficient - the stresses when underway, the pitching in a seaway plus wind forces make a broad base, both transversely and offset longitudinally, absolutely necessary. I then bought a complete support kit with s.s. struts, which I should have done from the start. Don't obsess about cosmetics, the installation MUST be a substantial one to be seaworthy.

anniebray

Visit site
I have been investigating using the NOA mounting pole kit for the Rutland 913 & have just been informed they make an adaptor for the 913. As mentioned previously, Rutland advise that pole dia should not exceed 48mm because of blade clearance under certain conditions. However they also advise that 1.5 sch40 pipe is OK & that is 48.3mm dia. NOA pole is 50mm dia, surely a decrease of 0.85mm clearance can't be catastrophic ?? In any case, I'm an April till November sailor & would also take the precaution of operating the stall switch provided on the Rutland voltage regulator. My boat is also fitted with a trickle charge solar panel.