Shower Tray

Johnnygil

Visit site
Any one know of someone who is able to supply, manufacture an unusual size shower tray not a domestic size. Or what is the best method to make one.

Thanks

J

<hr width=100% size=1>

colin_jones

Visit site
We made ours in the heads from 15mm marine ply, glassed over. Excavation is via a domestic bath outlet, through a Jabsco in line filter to a Par electric pump. It has worked well for 12 years.

A standard shower curtain protects the heads from water and dries very quickly over the boom..

The shower is a garden pressure appliance. Surprisingly, with a hand held 'rose' you get a very good shower from a gallon of water, kettle heated.

In Summer, you can carry the shower out on deck for a clean-up al fresco.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tony_brighton

Visit site
If you go down that route - CFS will mail order (from the Internet) all the glassing supplies you need + offer helpful advice and guidance.

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G'day John,

Building your own is relatively simple DIY project, however, as you need some tools and consumables that you may never use again; I would recommend you get a price from at least 3 fibreglassers, not all in the marine industry. Then cost the materials and tools required to the project yourself.

I suspect you will find it cheaper to get it made as this is a small item and you will end up with some material left over; you may never use it, resin has a limited shelf life, off cuts and sheets of fibreglass without resins are worthless laying around.

You could make a saving by building the base or mold though.

But is the right size to learn a bit more about fibreglassing without having to go to a second mortgage.

Avagoodeaster......

<hr width=100% size=1> Old Salt Oz /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Growing old is unavoidable. However, growing up is still optional.

MLBURGE

Visit site
I can make one for you with moulded nonslip finish whether a plain shower tray or a complete combined shower and toilet plinth moulding.

pm me and i will email you some photos of a previous shower moulding and pricing guide.

martin.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Johnnygil

Visit site
All

Thanks for replying and I now have a few avenues to explore ,

This is really great peeps helping each other out, thanks once again

J

<hr width=100% size=1>