Ship Happens

Freebee

Visit site
The problem is that some people will watch these videos and use them as a bible and when mistakes, errors of judgement, bad or inadvisable or even unsafe modifications or builds are shown on screen some will take this to be best practise, when it clearly is not.

Rappey

Visit site
A fair bit of negativity against them on here, including by me ? , but what about the cabinet she made? I bet there are many on here that couldnt do such a nice job?
She uses the cordless without the bit slipping in the screw heads, used a table saw and can use a router.. Have to give her credit for the cabinet and construction skills ?
Camping gaz sells/used to sell a camping stove with the gas bottle strapped right under the burner so their creation is not so bad..
The coil for heating is open at the pump end so at least its not a pressurised system?
Im not suggesting what they are doing is ok but ive done worse as a temporary measure..
They have the roves for the nails, appears the nails are in the white boxes and roves in the natural coloured ones..
I think they may surprise us yet !
I see they are also going to get a little professional training riviting, have been offered powerboat lvl 2 and go out on Medusa next month..

Wansworth

Visit site
yes l must own up to negative comments aswell.I guess it goes against the grain to see such a wreak and sort of walk by but people who have little or no knowledge of boats may well come from a completely different direction and see all in a more positive light

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Perhaps they're well insured against gas explosions?:unsure:
Her husband mentioned, in one of the videos, that she is a trained Gas Safe engineer so yes, I expect they are. The galley is a temporary arrangement and, as such, is a pretty neat bit of work. She wasn't wild about her husband mucking about with the burner and told him so, she also made it clear that there would be a drain away from the bottle and leading overboard. I think there's a certain naivety about what they think they will be able to achieve but actually I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand - they have owned several boats though admittedly not a clunker like this one, and obviously know their way around a workshop.

One final question: I note that they are doing the Powerboat course at Conway and that it's being arranged by someone called "Richard". Do I detect Kwacka at work, and if so, has anyone warned them about taking sarnies? ?

clyst

Visit site
A fair bit of negativity against them on here, including by me ? , but what about the cabinet she made? I bet there are many on here that couldnt do such a nice job?
She uses the cordless without the bit slipping in the screw heads, used a table saw and can use a router.. Have to give her credit for the cabinet and construction skills ?
Camping gaz sells/used to sell a camping stove with the gas bottle strapped right under the burner so their creation is not so bad..
The coil for heating is open at the pump end so at least its not a pressurised system?
Im not suggesting what they are doing is ok but ive done worse as a temporary measure..
They have the roves for the nails, appears the nails are in the white boxes and roves in the natural coloured ones..
I think they may surprise us yet !
I see they are also going to get a little professional training riviting, have been offered powerboat lvl 2 and go out on Medusa next month..
I don't think anyone is / has critise her ability in "cabinet making " just the engineering of the contents .

Rappey

Visit site
I don't think anyone is / has critise her ability
? I never suggested anyone has so not sure why you chosend to state that.
My point was that she has revealed she has skills, ie the cabinet , which we had not previously seen.

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
We all have to learn and 9/10 for Jenna's quick DIY cabinet making but If she is a trained gas engineer as stated above then heaven help us all :)

As stated on here earlier what the biggest danger is someone watching this series might copy what they are seeing

As a surveyor draining any gas bottle locker from the bottom to outside the boat is standard practice, fitting a gas bottle not only in a confined space such as the saloon as at present and about a few inches below the gas hob is just beyond me and I would take 10 seconds to condem it

I am also a RYA instructor including Power boat 1 & 2 but am I missing something as to whats it's got to do with renovating Sarinda
However as we saw in last nights episode maybe the first thing Simon will learn on a RYA Powerboat course is always wear a buoyancy jacket in a rib or dinghy no matter how far your going, maybe someone will most likely donate them a couple

What a refreshing change it is to watch Leo in the 'Tally Ho' project also on YouTube as that young man sure knows what he is doing.

clyst

Visit site
Oh dear , got the wood and got the nails for ribs but ............ can't do any restoration this week because of Too much tide ? . I wonder what the excuse will be next week .

38mess

Visit site
Oh dear , got the wood and got the nails for ribs but ............ can't do any restoration this week because of Too much tide ? . I wonder what the excuse will be next week .
But the irony is we are watching their videos, thus giving them income to prolong the con.

clyst

Visit site
But to clench on the new ribs someone has to be groveling in the mud or even dig it out to access the ared to hold on the dolly?
Absolutely ...... that should be an entertaining video ..... the bit I'm interested to see how they manufacture the steam box and how they will generate enough steam . I think they think they are going to fit these ribs cold . Should be worth watching.

38mess

Visit site
To be fair to them they don't actually need a steam box, I know they are never going to fit those planks, but they can nail one end and bend the plank around with clamps.