September Scuttlebutt Cruise On The Clyde

PeteCooper

Visit site
We seem to have agreed that the weekend is the same as the Tarbert Music Festival - so who's going?
Friday night(16th September) Cumbraes Watersports Centre, Saturday Tarbert.
Does anybody fancy setting a quiz on the Friday night?
As usual if anybody donates prizes we will hold a raffle. In April with the quiz and raffle we made £130 for charity - let's see if we can do that again.
Looking forward to it already although I may have to pull out:( due to personal circumstances.

Spyro

Visit site
I'll certainly be there Friday night, I think I have another engagement on Saturday so if I have I will need to leave early Sat Morn, sadly another year I won't be able to make Tarbert for the music festival :mad:.
I'm not even going to be able to make the Cumbrae Country and Western weekend as my Silver wedding anniversary has got in the way.
The quiz last year was a bit of a rabble (no offense Pete) but if people want another I'd be prepared to do it again.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
It astounds me how people can look as far ahead as mid-September and say yea or nay. Such organised lives you people lead.

Fairwinds has yet to grace the Clyde with her presence - who knows this might be the year . . .

- W

Spyro

Visit site
It astounds me how people can look as far ahead as mid-September and say yea or nay. Such organised lives you people lead.

Fairwinds has yet to grace the Clyde with her presence - who knows this might be the year . . .

- W

Wedding anniversaries are generally the same day each year :rolleyes:

OGITD

Visit site
Book me a space at the CWC!

Well!.... my diesel tank is in the back garden after having a new bottom plate welded.
Also some nice chap has hit me so hard that the gelcoat has been taken down to the substrate (requires a seaworthy fix).
My rig is tweaked, main halyard re-spliced, and new mooring lines & springs.
My rubbing-streak which came loose during my absence is now secure.
I don’t know if L-Mo (SWMBO), my musical neighbour or a couple of “Old Scrotes” from Faslane will be sailing as crew…. but I do hope to be putting in an appearance with guitar, whisky, Drambuie, cider & a curry. :eek: :rolleyes: ;)
Oh yes…. if anyone wishes to send / donate a quality bottle of Port for the occasion I promise to not let it go to waste.... ;) :D

Last edited:

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Well!.... my diesel tank is in the back garden after having a new bottom plate welded.
Also some nice chap has hit me so hard that the gelcoat has been taken down to the substrate (requires a seaworthy fix).
My rig is tweaked, main halyard re-spliced, and new mooring lines & springs.
My rubbing-streak which came loose during my absence is now secure.
I don’t know if L-Mo (SWMBO), my musical neighbour or a couple of “Old Scrotes” from Faslane will be sailing as crew…. but I do hope to be putting in an appearance with guitar, whisky, Drambuie, cider & a curry. :eek: :rolleyes: ;)
Oh yes…. if anyone wishes to send / donate a quality bottle of Port for the occasion I promise to not let it go to waste.... ;) :D

Forget the Wife and the old Scrotes, but please try to convince Partick to come as his guitar playing is phenominal.
Nothing wrong with using a 25ltr drum as an emergency fuel tank (for diesel anyway) and a dod of floor tile adhesive will fill the gel-coat, so no excuses.;)
C_W

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
It's not so much organised as fitting in with the Tarbert Music Festival - that's when it is so that's when the next S'butt Clyde Cruise is.

Well said that man, and the date was first mentioned a while ago by myself in this thread, so plenty of time to get organised.
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3018326#post3018326

The scuttlebutt meetup is open to anyone who would like to come along whether you have a boat or not, at least for the fri night, who knows you might get a berth on someone,s boat for the remainder of the wk end, so for anyone not sure if they are welcome or not, You Are.
It is always great to see a good turn out, so come on folk get it in your diary.
There is the added bonus of a great night at the Tarbert music festival with the possibality of a lively sail up there.
C_W

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Not heard anything from Danielle or Earlybird, you planning on comming along lads?
Clive, I wouldent mind another look over that Sparkman and Stevens!
C_W

Kylora

Tarbert Harbour, East Loch Tarbert, Loch Fyne, Sco
Visit site
Well judging by the response to this post the quiz will be unnecessary:D
Maybe peeps are on holiday and haven't been able to respond yet.

'Mistral' would intend to be at Cumbrae on Friday night. Haven't yet decided about Tarbet , sorry Tarbert, on Saturday night.

It will always be noisy during the quiz - doesn't mean that people aren't interested.

Cheers

Ash

How come there are two spellings when both mean 'narrow place'?

Last edited:

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Maybe peeps are on holiday and haven't been able to respond yet.

'Mistral' would intend to be at Cumbrae on Friday night. Haven't yet decided about Tarbet on Saturday night.

It will always be noisy during the quiz - doesn't mean that people aren't interested.

Cheers

Ash

Ash you are now in the Clyde not Loch Lomond, the music festival is in Tarbert loch Fyne!
Pity you cant make it, the Keelies are playing again and they are good.
C_W

falkirkdan

Visit site
Got it marked on the calendar. So if weather is favourable then will be there. I have a quiz which I made up for a KCC muster but the weather blew that to bits so could use that if you want.

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Got it marked on the calendar. So if weather is favourable then will be there. I have a quiz which I made up for a KCC muster but the weather blew that to bits so could use that if you want.

What is it, Guess the alphabet?:D
Look forward to seeing you there and dont worry I will keep all lines tucked inboard!;)
C_W