Sea Scout Group Trailer

thewetone

Visit site
Last night about midnight our Sea Scout Group grounds were broken into (chain on the gate cropped) and our twin axle Ifor Williams galvanised trailer was stolen. The wheel clamp had been forced off, (wish I knew how to do that!!). At the time the trailer was full, so it was carefully emptied.
The trailer has some non IW features. It has the standard sides but they have been raised to about 5 feet with a cage all round, with a bar across near the aft end. she is approx 7ft by 5ft6. The lights don't work as I have the male to male interconnecting lead in my car.
The spare wheel bracket is bolted, not welded on. The security lock on the hitch had previously been drilled out on a previous theft attempt, hence the wheel clamp. Also there is a stainless steel bolt on the hitch where the original bolt had been removed. The floor and lower insides are lined with plywood. She is also fitted with car and not lorry tyres. The jockey wheel is bent. The trailer was stored well out of view, so either someone knew it was there or had a good look around first. Possibly a clean oval or circular patch on the drop down tail gate where the Scout sticker had been removed.
If, in all your travels especially along the South coast you spot the trailer, please e-mail or pm me.
I have no time for this scum of the earth, stealing from our organisation and I can think of no words strong enough to describe what I think of them.

ps they did leave a calling card also, do you think the police would be interested in a stool sample for DNA purposes?

<hr width=100% size=1>Randy

Once the avalanche has started, it's too late for the pebbles to vote