Sea law concerning flag state

Refueler

Visit site
You are right. The original question was another one though: In Germany the carriage of up to 25 grams of marijuana is legal now and my question was if my boat falls under the German law.

Simple answer is : Assume NO.

Doesn;'t matter about your boats flag or anything else - just act to comply with visiting countires rules,.

Let me give you an example of Flag vs State visited.

Chinese flag ship docked in Jubail Saudi Arabia.

I was assigned as Superintendent for the Ship. I was refused boarding on arrival - waiting decision of local Border Guards ...

4 hours later boarding was allowed. That leads to penalty against against ship owner from charterer .. Terminal ... Port .... believe me sums you don;t want to think about.

What happened ?

Immigration / Customs boarded and checked that Bonded Stiores were closed and locked. They applied seals. Next they went to Masters Cabin to finalise arrival docs.

On top of Master TV was a box of beer.

He was asked : Why Beer not in Bonded Store ?

Answer : Beer ? Its not alcohol !

Fine was US$1000 per can in the box ... and 4 hours delay while authorities completed formalities ....

kingsebi

Visit site
Simple answer is : Assume NO.

Doesn;'t matter about your boats flag or anything else - just act to comply with visiting countires rules,.

Let me give you an example of Flag vs State visited.

Chinese flag ship docked in Jubail Saudi Arabia.

I was assigned as Superintendent for the Ship. I was refused boarding on arrival - waiting decision of local Border Guards ...

4 hours later boarding was allowed. That leads to penalty against against ship owner from charterer .. Terminal ... Port .... believe me sums you don;t want to think about.

What happened ?

Immigration / Customs boarded and checked that Bonded Stiores were closed and locked. They applied seals. Next they went to Masters Cabin to finalise arrival docs.

On top of Master TV was a box of beer.

He was asked : Why Beer not in Bonded Store ?

Answer : Beer ? Its not alcohol !

Fine was US$1000 per can in the box ... and 4 hours delay while authorities completed formalities ....
Thank you for sharing. Very interesting. Haha, “Beer is not alcohol”. And wow, that’s more expensive than Mykonos. I hope the beer was cold at least

kingsebi

Visit site
@kingsebi is turning out to be a very interesting poster with his naked bunny boiler and a pussy that enjoys a roll. What next, I wonder.
Sex and crime… I hope no technical problems. At least for a while.

The forum needs fresh supplies!
My cat needs fresh supplies too.

They should take note of what Samual Peyps advised the lords of the admiralty to do then.
What was Samuel Pepys advice?

srm

Visit site
May not be relevant but some time after Canada legalised cannabis Toronto airport departure area started to display notices warning passengers not to carry any out of the country.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Sex and crime… I hope no technical problems. At least for a while.

My cat needs fresh supplies too.

What was Samuel Pepys advice?
To reduce the wear and tear on ensigns which were in his day flown all the time he suggested that they only be flown between sunrise and sunset thus halving the admiralties enormous expenditure. 😁

kingsebi

Visit site
To reduce the wear and tear on ensigns which were in his day flown all the time he suggested that they only be flown between sunrise and sunset thus halving the admiralties enormous expenditure. 😁
That is still in practice nowadays no? As in good seamanship. I heard some people do that.

Agreed. He needs to post a few photos of his naked bunny and stoned pussy.
Pictures or it didn’t happen?

Attachments

• 1C8DB3CF-0ED7-4015-B3E9-B2006D281C21.jpeg
    1C8DB3CF-0ED7-4015-B3E9-B2006D281C21.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 18