Scuttlebutt to Cherbourg 2005

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
reeferjon,

Its a big bit of water, but with the amount of boats that are going, you'll definitely have company of one sort or another.....

In support of Steve's comments, theres bound to be another Gosport/Portsmouth based boat going though......

Don't worry about your first x-channel trip... its a breeze... you'll wonder what you were worried about after you've done it..... my experience is that its the traffic in the TSS that concerns most people.... its not like the M25.... I crossed 3 weeks back, and only saw one ship on the way out, and that was in the Dover Straits which is far more 'packed in' than in the central english channel..... its really a lot less tense than you are probably expecting....

reeferjon

www.macsailing.net
Does the skipper require an ICC to berth in Cherbourg? It's quite confusing as to when it is and isn't required. I get the impression it's for inland waterways...

reeferjon

www.macsailing.net
Cool... have to sort out my SSR though! Can you add me to the "official list": Boatname: "Reefer", Trapper 300 (27ft). 2 x crew: Jon Knight (me) & Nick Egan.

Thanks!

Jon

G

RDV ....

We are leaving Chichester Hbr mid afternoon friday for night crossing .... arrive midday saturday ... VHF call - Yacht Superanne .....

PM me if you want to do in company ....