Scuttlebutt to Cherbourg 2005

duncan

Visit site
I really fancy running over late Friday or early Sat in Phaeton if the weather makes that realistic, probably sh but you never know. would only do so in company though. Neaps too should help.

As has already been suggested I was already on board Asterie a couple of years ago before SWMBO apparantly knew I was even going which led to an interesting conversation and little chance of last year..... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Needless to say I haven't actually got round to discussing things for this year yet and things will be very much dependent on how well the holiday period goes.

BrendanS

Visit site
Observer (Tim) did the trip in his Sealine last year, and was well recieved with only a small amount of good natured barracking from raggies, so I'd encourage any mobo's who want to join in to do so. Haven't seen him posting much recently, but if he was doing trip again, sure he'd travel in company.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Observer's was the first boat I've ever seen with a ceiling-stowed cockpit table. I think it even had one of those US-style product liablility stickers on it. Went something like...

"Warning. Do not drop this on your head when opertaing heavy machinery, you thick sod. It might cause pregnant women"

G

Sorted ta ...

I'm flying in with swmbo and her pal -so quite a load ... Brothers meeting us - they are staying ashore while I go and play boats ...... so Conch Pearl and Capabar - you still up for it or not ???? ...
Thanks for the offer -----

Arr. Stanstead 20 ..... so just time to sort boat ready for off ....

Cheers again

G

Luther + 2 confirmed

So Grumpy old fart and 2 crew will be there ... with that trusty old lady of the solent ... Superanne.

This is costing me a bloody fortune !!!

dedwards

Visit site
Sounds like a good trip. Myself and my other half are available as crew so if anybody thinks they can put us to good use, PM me and we can discuss whether we fit your needs.

cheers

Talbot

Visit site
I cant guarantee that I will be available that weekend at this stage, but would like to join in. If I do, then I not only will have some space, but would welcome some additional expertise.

Observer

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I do hope he's reading!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am indeed. Would like to make the trip again - need to check on the domestic leave of absence front.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Put me down as a possible. Just waiting for the perfect moment to apply for my pass. Sadler 29 to add to the small boat fleet and crew TBA.