Scuttlebutt to Cherbourg 2005

CaptainCava

Visit site
Hi Nick, Please add my name to the list (Bear Necessity, Moody 376 out of Lymington). Pam & I are just back from an enforced 10 day stay in Jersey having ripped our Genoa and broken the engine. Clever eh? Regards, John

dralex

Visit site
Plans are now coming together- I have the week off before the original dates, which is a pain. Hopefully, I will be there with Supernova. I'm still not sure where I'll be coming from- if one plan comes off, the boat will be in the CIs, in which case I'll fly back out and come from there. If not ( and we end up doing other holiday involving car and Ireland!!), then I'll probably be leaving Thursday/ Friday, probably from Torbay. Aim to come back Sunday, but can be flexible into Monday, and possibly can come back via the M25 ( Solent). If this is the case, I will have a couple of places both ways. Should know for definate where I will be sailing from by the end of next week.

Alex

dralex

Visit site
OK- looks like I'll be going from Torquay, weather permitting, and may (probably) have room for two extras ( and still be comfortable). Plans are fairly flexible at present, so it could be a straight run to Cherbourg, or perhaps a stop in Guernsey or Alderney.

PM me if you're interested in coming. I can singlehand the boat, but a bit of helming experience and sail trimming would be useful, as well as being able to make bacon butties and tea while going up and down.

Alex

dralex

Visit site
Message for Thomas1 as the PM is not working this am.

Hi Tom

I've tried to PM you but the system is not letting me. THanks for the PM. You're welcome along. Where are you based? It would make sense to go for a little day sail beforehand just so you familiarise yourself with the boat and also decide if you can tolerate up to 20 hours with me. If it was just the two of us, I would suggest breaking the trip in St Peter Port for a night, but we can just play it by ear depending on conditions. Can you PM me again with some more details so I can give you a call.

Regards

Alex

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Ok I can now confirm that we will be along, crew all aranged and ready to go, anything over a force 6 and your on your own though!

Sans Bateau

Visit site
At this rate if we can all cross together we will be able to make the tankers and container ships go around the back of us!

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Definitely not a cliquey thing, all are welcome. Mobos, yachts, and catamarans included.

Doesn't matter how you get there, one person usually comes from Paris by train!

I will put you on the list for now.

We will be seeking confirmation of numbers in early September. If you are going to be off line prior to 24th September, please let me know.

WIll look forward to meeting you.

reeferjon

www.macsailing.net
Is there a fleet rendezvous in the Solent for the journey there? It's going to be our first x channel so we'd quite like to go with other boats... we're sailing from Gosport..

StugeronSteve

Visit site
Hi. It can prove very difficult to sail "in company" over any reasonable distance, however, looking at the number of boats going, it is highly likely that you will be in contact with someone for the trip.

We are likely to be making the passage over Friday night, leaving via the Western Solent. If you post your departure time, and place, on the forum I am sure that there will be someone able to keep in touch. There is usually a list of mobile, mmsi, numbers issued to the participating boats.

Look forward to meeting you.

Steve.