Sailing with mother-in-law

Sybarite

Visit site
It actuually happened a few weeks ago. We hired a boat on a lake beside where we live. But, Gentlemen, that reminds me .. ( let me dedicate this one to Sailbad...)

A guy goes on vacation to the Holy Land with his wife and mother-in-law. The mother-in-law dies. They go to an undertaker who explains that they can ship the body home but that it'll cost over $5000, whereas they can bury her in the Holy Land for only $150.
The guy says, "We'll ship her home."
The undertaker asks, "Are you sure? That's an awfully big expense and we can do a very nice burial here."
The guy says, "Look, 2000 years ago they buried a guy here and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance."

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

colinF

Visit site
Here\'s another

Elderly Scotsman went for a holiday in "the Holy Land" and wanted to hire a boat on the Sea of Galilee.

"That will be two shillings, please"

"Twa shillins' ? TWA SHILLINS'? I can get a boat in Aberdeen for sixpence!"

"Ah, but this is Galilee and these are the waters on which our Lord walked."

"Och, it's nae winder he walked, seein' what ye chairge fer yer boats!"

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
thanks john
my mother in law is a sore point at the moment
last week Mrs S said that mother in law''s husband is suffering from stress (nice bloke actually)

my response was that that was really sad but, and i quote. 'not terribly f@@@ing surprising, living with your mother'

cue stony silence
me and my mouth eh?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>if guinness is good for you. i must be very very good</font color=red>